Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

Your alt. is feeding your ignition. Change the excite wire from the ignition the the accessory terminal. Continuity will read one way and not the other.

Reactions: RPM
A VERY short test of my 10 year old camera. Also checking leg extension for the 1,000 time. No "VA-ROOOOM!". This is a test of the camera. Stay tuned for hi-jinks, when the body arrives! ;)

I made that wooden piece to check for seat fit inside the body. It'll mount across the top brace and has a 3.5" wooden block in the back, to simulate seat height with a slight rake. If modifications in seat height are needed, I'll do it with this. As you can see in the video, it's just laying flat on the chassis for now.

Looks like plenty of leg room, at least compared to mine ! :cool:

Looks like plenty of leg room, at least compared to mine ! :cool:

With a 36" inseam, it's going to be just what the doctor ordered.;) IF IT EVER GETS HERE!:mad:

Well you are alot further along than most people in this world when starting a project
of this magnitude. Most buy a project and that is far as it goes. Just stay the course and
you will reap the rewards that most can only dream of !!! :thumbsup:

Okay...... got home and checked my BOL # on CENTRAL FREIGHT LINE's website. My body has an ETA in Houston at 6:30PM, this evening. So, in a sane world, it would be out for delivery tomorrow. I'll see what happens. CENTRAL FREIGHT LINES eta's have been wrong so far. And I have NO faith in their website. This has just been a crappy deal all around. Now, I'm hoping to be here when it's delivered, so I can check it out for damages, before taking delivery. But my land lords helper will be here and I'll be at work until about 1:00 or 2:00 PM. So, fingers crossed, all I can do is wait.

On a much more reliable note, the seat frames from Rotten Leonard will be here tomorrow and the foam for my seat will be here Wednesday. No worries there. So, I'm just sitting back and waiting.

Today was a short day at work. Got home at 10:30am. The delivery truck pulled up 5 minutes later! The body comes in a nice HUGE heavy cardboard box and is bolted to some 2"x4"s to keep it secure. A good looking over and all looked good. My last concern was damage and it was fine.

The brace that secures the door assembly is secured using nut and bolts. They protrude through the floor of the body about 3/4". When the body is finally ready to be bolted down, these bolts are removed and replaced with self tapping bolts that go into the frame. So in the pics, the body is actually 3/4" higher than final assembly.

Here we go!
full

full

In this pic, the "cool" guy is sitting 3.5" off the floor. Which is my target height for the seat.
full

The cross brace is 4.5" high and it's 16.5" to the kick up. Just like Resinator said it was. In fact, ALL of the measurements he gave me are dead on!
full

VA-ROOOOM!
full

GREAT!!! I'm glad to see that you're finally on the last laps of your build, Fred. Your seating position looks to be very comfortable and down in the car rather than sitting on top of it so to speak. I look forward to reading all your posts and seeing your pictures. Keep up the great work!

Jim

P.S. I'm happy to see that you're going with the trim rings. IMHO

Looks real good. I'm still waiting for my frame & body to come from rpm. I should be starting my thread in the next 2 weeks.

Bench seat installed temporarily. You can read the horrid details in the "T Bucket Interiors" thread.

full

full

Your right Fred sorry for the derail.

It's not a derail. It's just that Paul doesn't pop in as frequently, so a PM notice would get his attention, rather than dropping info in a none related thread.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back