Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bowtie T's build

480_zpseke4ctdj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
480_zpseke4ctdj.jpg
Been a while since i've posted anything, figured I better quit slackin. Any ways, this is my rear I got at the U pullit
for $75. Out of S10 blaser 3:73 gears, limited slip. Cleaned up, all new seals and painted with summit epoxy primer.

480_zpseke4ctdj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
480_zpseke4ctdj.jpg
Been a while since i've posted anything, figured I better quit slackin. Any ways, this is my rear I got at the U pullit
for $75. Out of S10 blaser 3:73 gears, limited slip. Cleaned up, all new seals and painted with summit epoxy primer.
Looks good.. Mine was from 4x4 blazer 3.42 gears G80 limited slip.

Looks good.. Mine was from 4x4 blazer 3.42 gears G80 limited slip.
I think I should have gone with a taller gear. I have a T350 tranny & I'll probably be turning a lot of rpm's on the highway. Oh well I'll plan on converting to
a 700r4 later. It's fast out of the hole though, I drove it for the first time this past Saturday. I was shocked and a little scared at how fast it was!

I have a 3.53 in one car with a 350 trans, and think it is to low. Have the same gears in another car with 700r and it is fine. 71 mph at 2100 rpm, 29" rear tires.

467_zpsrcayidbi.jpg
Ok, I've been slackin again. Didn't think i could find windshield mounts to
fit my body, so i decided to build my own. Started with the round stock with groove from CCR. I then designed the side posts and water jetted them from 1/2" alum. Then had the groove milled. Fabbed up some angles from
1/4" alum. (made them large to start with, trim down later) Then started fitting and trimming.

probably be turning a lot of rpm's on the highway. Oh well I'll plan on converting to a 700r4 later.
Yeh, but its fast 'out of the hole'. Just put more gas in it and enjoy

Now that's one nice windshield! Are you going to leave it brushed aluminum?

Now that's one nice windshield! Are you going to leave it brushed aluminum?
Thanks. Right now it's just the mill finish. I would like to mirror polish it, but that's a lot of work! I may just have
it powdercoated chrome or something?

I would like to mirror polish it, but that's a lot of work!
I know a place that does an amazing job at polishing aluminum. He polished my 15.5 gal Coors beer keg for $150. Got in back in less than a week. Where are you located?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back