Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bowtie T's build

O.K. Fred, the gauntlet has been has been thrown into the ring. What do you have to counter ?

I'm good.

Just kidding. How goes the battle in Houston ?

John

I really love frames at this point of construction. I like the thought of a k member to stiffen the frame rails. They are so simple and honest. So much promise. Add an engine. Throw in a trans. Maybe add a body.
So much promise.

John
John, I agree 100% on incorporating a K member in the construction of the frame for the very reason that you stated. Under acceleration a simple "ladder" type frame will twist and the K member helps to cancel that out.

Jim

Just went through your thread from the beginning. Your work is impeccable. When someone is able to take rough materials and make something of quality out of it I'm amazed. This reminds me of the guy that built a copy of a Lamborghini in his basement. I have to buy most of my parts. Keep the pictures coming and thanks for sharing.

I really love frames at this point of construction. I like the thought of a k member to stiffen the frame rails. They are so simple and honest. So much promise. Add an engine. Throw in a trans. Maybe add a body.
So much promise.

John
I've been pondering a k frame addition in mine to combat twist. Idk if I have room.

Does not have to be rectangular tubing. Can be round tube. Or oval tubing Ask Ex-Junk. Could be a bolt in K member incorporating a trans mount. Does not have to run to the back. Could be run towards the front.
Or a little bit of both - front & rear.
Can be oval tubing bent to clear.
Is the car in the build stage or in the built stage ?

Just went through your thread from the beginning. Your work is impeccable. When someone is able to take rough materials and make something of quality out of it I'm amazed. This reminds me of the guy that built a copy of a Lamborghini in his basement. I have to buy most of my parts. Keep the pictures coming and thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the kind words Rubicon, means alot to me. I watched your build and I can only hope my car looks as good as yours! I can see you paid alot of
attention to detail too.

John, I agree 100% on incorporating a K member in the construction of the frame for the very reason that you stated. Under acceleration a simple "ladder" type frame will twist and the K member helps to cancel that out.

Jim
Now Jim, how often do you "get after it" in your car. I'll bet you baby that thing! Besides, your wife would probably slap you upside the head! Just kidding!

Does not have to be rectangular tubing. Can be round tube. Or oval tubing Ask Ex-Junk. Could be a bolt in K member incorporating a trans mount. Does not have to run to the back. Could be run towards the front.
Or a little bit of both - front & rear.
Can be oval tubing bent to clear.
Is the car in the build stage or in the built stage ?
John, my car is in the build stage, but the frame has already been built, and powder coated! I am not about to go grinding or welding on it now. I didn't really think about it
when I was building the frame. Too bad somebody didn't point it out to me earlier or I would have incorporated it. You don't see them in the bought frames and i'd bet that
most T's do not have it.

Now Jim, how often do you "get after it" in your car. I'll bet you baby that thing! Besides, your wife would probably slap you upside the head! Just kidding!
My wife is with me on most outings. She really enjoys when I stand on it and lay some rubber as long as there is no traffic around.

Jim

014 (3).JPG Pulled my engine apart for inspection. Looked good. No ridge, could still see cross hatch on cylinder walls.
Previous owner said it had been rebuilt. Also had good compression so I decided to just have the heads done. Of course new oil pump,double roller chain,new seals and
gaskets.

Not sure you will be happy with those 882 heads I think I would have swapped them out if you were taking them off.
Love the custom fab..great work.
I wish I could weld like that too.
The colour really pops, I like it.
That is going to definitely turn heads when it rolls by.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back