Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bowtie T's build

Thanks guys, I'm trying to take my time and do it right. I guess that's why it's taken me 3 years to get this far. I never have worked on it very much in the summer time. Gets warm
down here in Florida. We're usually in or on the water then.
I Know what you mean, I down here in Estero, south of Ft Myers. But, I just put up a 16x24 garage w/ ac. maybe I can catch up now.

I Know what you mean, I down here in Estero, south of Ft Myers. But, I just put up a 16x24 garage w/ ac. maybe I can catch up now.
But it hasn't been much cooler lately, been in the mid 80's. I think it was 85 christmas day!

133_zps497f9962.jpg
Got my m/c assembly at Daytona swap meet. Think I paid $60 for it. Had to cut pedal arm off to modify
it. It will have a hinged cover on it when finished

I really like that dash material....a cool alternative to the usual turned pattern stuff.

My hat's off to you, BowtieT !

Jim

I really like that dash material....a cool alternative to the usual turned pattern stuff.
Yes it's a "ribbed" s/s. We had to buy a sheet to match some existing trim in a hospital lobby. The sheet was super expensive (I think around $800). We had a few small drops left.

Good job, looks good. How long did it end up being? What, if anything, are you planning on doing for turn signals?
Thanks fletcherson, not sure what you mean how long? It's taken me 3 years to get where I am now. If you are refering to the Wheel base, I don't remember, I'll have to measure it again.

My hat's off to you, BowtieT !

Jim
Wow! I take that as a real compliment Jim. I have always admired the quality of your work and the way you are willing to help anyone who needs it. I hope my car turns out half as
nice as yours. Maybe we will get to meet someday since we don't live that far from each other.

Thanks for the good word and, yes, we are about a 2 to 21/2 hour drive apart and I would like to check out your T sometime.

Jim

Thanks fletcherson, not sure what you mean how long? It's taken me 3 years to get where I am now. If you are refering to the Wheel base, I don't remember, I'll have to measure it again.
I should have been more clear, I was referring to the length of the column. I'm sure you have some serious time in your work, it shows.

Yes it's a "ribbed" s/s. We had to buy a sheet to match some existing trim in a hospital lobby. The sheet was super expensive (I think around $800). We had a few small drops left.

It figures that if I like it, it's expensive...LOL

303_zpsddrnwc5d.jpg
Stainless steel shaft and swivel joints. I think when the car is painted black
all of the stainless steel and polished aluminum is going to "pop".

You have some serious skills.

That column and tank are amazing.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back