Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bowtie T's build

124_zpszbqkqgcw.jpg
Got dimensions for my steering arms from speedway catalog, drew them on my computer, cut on the Waterjet,
formed and polished. 3/8" stainless steel. Wish I would have made them about an inch longer, had to end up offsetting my tie rod a little, but had too much work in them to throw away and build again!

That's gonna be one nice car.

How in the world did you bend that SS ??
Looks really nice !!
dave
Thanks Dave. I am Supervisor of a fairly large fabrication shop (about 30 people). We have a good bit of equipment including large shears and press brakes (175 ton). We also have 2 plasma tables
and a Flow waterjet, so i'm lucky to have all of this at my convienience.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I have wanted a T bucket since I was a teenager. I didn't want to just buy one, I wanted to be able to say "I built it myself".

Do you recall what alloy of SS that was . I'm curious because when attempting to bend SS myself , I've found it VERY difficult:mad: .
dave

Do you recall what alloy of SS that was . I'm curious because when attempting to bend SS myself , I've found it VERY difficult:mad: .
dave
Dave it would have been either t-304 or t-316, we use both alot. What gauge were you trying to bend and how long was the piece?

I work w/scraps/cutoffs ...... 1 was3/4" SS pipe , even w/heat it didn't want to bend , the other was 1/8" plate about 2" wide...I can guess these were 3xx series because they both polished well & have not tarnished in 15 yrs. AFA the dia. plate , you've done a beautiful job , I'll leave it at that :speechless:...
dave

Bowtie T deck lid looks great. I would be interested in getting you to make me a tank, I no your busy with your car, but if your interested I would give you my e mail.

349_zpspdrjg2yu.jpg
Built my grill shell to fit radiator. Was planning on using stock
fan, but it was too high. (would hit radiator neck and to hose)

351_zpsuteytidu.jpg
So I built an aluminum shroud and welded it to the mounting tabs
that came on the radiator. Made spacers from 1" round aluminum stock to mount to grill shell.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back