Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Builder's Depression?

It's true tho ... usually hits here half way thru one project, can't wait to start the next one!!!!

Ron

I get more of an Anxiety than anything. All of my free time is spent thinking about my project in the back of my mind in one form or another. I'm comfortable now spending $100 to $200 a week without missing it. At this rate, I should be on the road by spring. I just toil over what I'm going to do next time I am free to get out in the garage be it a two hour job or a two day job. What parts are the most important to get next? What parts if I order next will keep me busy the longest? What parts will accomplish the most? It would be awesome to be able to open a catalog and order everything you think you need in one shot, but I just couldn't do that right now. It's a good way of making sure you spend a lot of time on what you are doing and not rushing it together. By the time you think everything through about a thousand times all winter, you'll be more sure of what you want to do when it's time to cut and weld.

Just think about the direction you want to go in then go steadfast in that direction.You have one hell of a start.Oh by the way if you want to turn it into a boat car can i buy your windshield?

rooster57 said:
Wayne that bucket is awesome!!!! I know how i feal when just one of my girls ride with me i cant imagine all 4 that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sign of a great dad is the smile on his kids face.

Yes it is fun Rooster. My kids always want to take the car no matter Rain or Shine....so we do. I have lots of pictures of us building the car and them riding in it with all smiles.

You can see all the build and after here at Pictures by H-Ace-T - Photobucket

On the side you'll see some of the pics from different events and such. My kids and girl are what makes these days fun and I can't wait to start the build on the other 3. Looking around for a 40's pickup body now for the rat rod for Kat.

Originally Posted by jbisme
Just like kids crawl into dad's car and make motor noises, the first post was me making motor noises on this thread. :eek:

Varoom Varoom.....cough cough..varoom varoom...:run:

What I don't understand is why I keep backfiring.:eek:

HAceT your car looks great with the cards painted on it. How did you come up with the idea? Poker run? The plan for mine is to have an extended tub with 4 red bucket seats. How long is your car body? I'm looking to build something just slightly roomier than what Henry Ford built.

Rick,
I have not built a windshield yet, but it will look very much like what LKE showed in his pictures. It is simple enough I can make when I rent some time on my buddy's mill. After Telman2 slapped me upside the head about just build and fix it later, it got me focused. The build will begin in March. It might be April if something unforseen happens.
By the time you think everything through about a thousand times all winter, you'll be more sure of what you want to do when it's time to cut and weld

Isn't that the truth. I've scribbled over my note pad so much I think my pen and paper hates me.

I've got building fever so bad, that it hurts to write extra money to the home payment. I can't wait to get out there and scream a curse words as I smash a finger for the first time on it. :D

It is 2 bodies that is cut and glassed together. I was going to remove the center section behind the driver seat but it gives me a space to place items for out of sight. The nose was cut and streched 4".

HAceT said:
Varoom Varoom.....cough cough..varoom varoom...:D

Ahh...I remember those days.... Before:

Bens27202.jpg

and after... Its definitely with the time and effort. The smiles say it all!

DSCN0186-1.jpg

It is 2 bodies that is cut and glassed together. I was going to remove the center section behind the driver seat but it gives me a space to place items for out of sight. The nose was cut and streched 4".

So, how many inches is that? Knowing this will keep me from making mine too long. I reviewed the pictures you have posted, it is a great looking and solidly built T. :cool:

Hey! I found this on you tube by accident and thought you might like it. You don't see too many four seaters and this looks pretty nice.

Mike

[ame=[media=youtube]V2kcKiMVYek[/media] - 1913 Ford T-Bucket[/ame]

Thanks Mike...I appreciate the kind works. I give a lot of credit to my Pops who helped me with all of it from start to finish. I think alot of the reason it came out as nice as it did was proper planning up front like it appears you are doing. I had ideas and sketches that I started with and when it came time to build the frame, I laid it out on white board panels and checked it agaist the body as I was going. I can't stess enough how important planning the built through first is. Not all things will go as planned--there is several things on mine that had to be changed as it just didn't work out as planned, but the intent and overall plan is still there. Some of the guys that post build pics often like Don or Ex Junk, would probably say the same.

One last statement: When I started on my '27, all I had was my dad's '27 to reference as this site was not up. If I had the resources of the guys on this site to bounce ideas off of like you are, I might have been farther ahead. My girl asked me why I spend so much time looking at the site and posting...I told her that I wish I had the advantage of this site when I was planning my build, and that I would willingly give any info or advice I can to help out another hot rodding brother. In a little time she will understand :)

Thanks Mike!

Did you notice, there's not much leg room in the front of that T? The car is beautiful though.

I'm going to use HAceT's idea and extend the firewall. Now if he will just get back on here and tell me how long the body is from the firewall to the end of the back seat. :whistle:

Hey, I only have all winter to wait...

After seeing BenT's blue car (Beautiful car!), HAceT's red car, the yellow car and all other colors, I still have no idea what color mine should be. If I don't decide soon it will end up black like Henry Ford painted his with a fresh coat of blue paint on the engine.

That's the spirit that makes this sight so great Ben ...people sharing information and ideas. Thanks for your input. I'm sure someone will benefit from it.

Ron

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread but I love those brass headlights on that yellow bucket that Mike posted.

Hey Jb, I just had a vision.......You could build "HOT ROD CHITTY" and every where you go people will be enamored with interest. Another bonus is the four seats that you want but all made of wood and classy as all get out. Put a little rake in it and it would be killer. You could all sing songs. Below is a photo of the rear, your family could even dress like that to be authentic.:ciao:

chity.jpg

Mike

Um, how do I put this... No. Telman2 told me to stick with one plan already and quit changing my mind. :ciao:

Plus if I built Chitty, it would need to fly. :ciao:

A T-flyingboatbucket, guys :ciao: don't give him ideas. I just got him straightened out and back on course :ciao:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back