Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Do you really use the portal?

What are your thoughts about removing the portal?

• You mean we have a portal??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OK, click on the attachment below -

active.jpg

There is the forum navigation module with the Today's Active Topics, Today's Top 20 Posters and Contact Staff Links, just like on the portal.

Now click on the next attachment -

recent.png

There is the Recently Added Topics module, to show you the most newest topics on the site.

You have topic preview, as I showed you in an earlier post.

Does this pretty much make the portal useless to everyone else?

I hope everyone agreed with me in the above post, as it is now a done deal.

Here's what I have been combating. Look at this attachment, taken from a Google search on the phrase 'T-Bucket'.

snippet.png

Do you see the word T-Bucket in there, anywhere? Heck, that's what this site is all about and the word T-Bucket does not even appear in Google's snippet text. And we rank number 5 out of 21,500,000 results. Now some people might see success in there, but I do not. I want to rank number 1 out of 21,500,000 results. And I am not going to be satisfied until that happens.

Now look at one of the other sites on our network. I searched the phrase 'IPB Webmaster'.

snippet2.png

When you look at Google's snippet text, do you get the impression that site might for IPB Webmasters? That site also ranks number 1 out of 4,700,000 results.

Another of my sites ranks number 1 out of 11,700,000 results and it also has a dirty snippet. A fourth site ranks number 4 out of 20,700 results. A fifth site ranks number 1 out of 2,260,000, with a dirty snippet. Those sites are losing their portals too, because I want them both ranking number 1 on their top keywords, with clearly worded snippets.

It will take a few days for Google to catch up to the change, but soon you will be able to search for 'T-Bucket' and you will see a much more contextual snippet, saying -

Welcome to the Internet's fastest-growing T-Bucket forums, providing resources to owners and lovers of T-Buckets and other streetrods.

Notice the word T-Bucket is in there? Hopefully, that will help the site rank higher and will also bring us more visitors. More visitors means more members.

You see, there is a method to my madness. :spank:

EDIT - I meant to say, the portal is still there, it is just no longer the landing page. If you really need to view the portal, you can click on the tab in the NavBar.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back