Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Doesn't anyone sell wheel and tire combos anymore?

raidmagic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I've been looking for a set of wheels and tires for my T and I can't find anyone that has a combo wheel and tire set up for sale. Just places to buy the wheels and then somewhere else to buy the tires. Any ideas where else to look? Thanks

Depending on what type of tires but tirerack.com does as well as discountire.com. There are also alot of latemodel places like latemodelrestoration.com but I am sure that is not the style you are looking for. Have you tried summit or jegs because sometimes they offer packages too.

I've been looking for a set of wheels and tires for my T and I can't find anyone that has a combo wheel and tire set up for sale. Just places to buy the wheels and then somewhere else to buy the tires. Any ideas where else to look? Thanks

It depends, Most places like Discount Tire will do package deals as long as the wheels are all the same , including size, and the tires are all the same brand size, etc. That's where the market is. If you want to buy two wheels and tires of the same size for the front and then two larger wheels and tires for the rear, then you may have to call around.

I got my wheels and tires from Tire Barn which is a midwest tire/wheel retailer. Their prices were as good as any I could find online, but offer the benefit of being local which to me makes the warranties worth something.

I got mine from Jegs. Different wheels and tires on front and rear. Opps, just remembered. I already had front tires, so I just got rear combo and front wheels but they would have done all.They offer more online than in the printed catalog.<br>

Before you buy your wheels make the effort to decide how big the tire needs to be. Example if you want big little's the biggest ( non truck tread) tire you can get is a 265 70 in the 15 inch that 265 mm wide (265 divided by 25.4 is width in inches) and 70 percent of that section width tall so about 28 inches tall . So if you want 30-31 inch tall tires you cant get there without a specialty tire IE Micky s or Choker tire or Hoosiers big money for the look. So the solution its simple, bigger wheel 16 or 17 inch then the tire choices from places like tire barn and tire rack so on go up dramatically. The 30 and 31 inch tire 10 to 12 inches wide is fairly common . 15 inch wheels are getting to be obsolete in the market. If i had it to do over again i would spend another 100 bucks on larger wheels and save 300 bucks on tires.

The problem I see is that those who sell packages is; They don't provide sufficient specification information to make an informed decision.

If you don't care about specifics, do it, but don't drive next to me.

Before you buy your wheels make the effort to decide how big the tire needs to be. Example if you want big little's the biggest ( non truck tread) tire you can get is a 265 70 in the 15 inch that 265 mm wide (265 divided by 25.4 is width in inches) and 70 percent of that section width tall so about 28 inches tall . So if you want 30-31 inch tall tires you cant get there without a specialty tire IE Micky s or Choker tire or Hoosiers big money for the look. So the solution its simple, bigger wheel 16 or 17 inch then the tire choices from places like tire barn and tire rack so on go up dramatically. The 30 and 31 inch tire 10 to 12 inches wide is fairly common . 15 inch wheels are getting to be obsolete in the market. If i had it to do over again i would spend another 100 bucks on larger wheels and save 300 bucks on tires.

Good info. I do want the big and little look and I'm thinking I might do whitewalls, not sure though. I can find the big tires in a bigger rim though. I was searching Coker and can't find anything wider than 12" unless I get a 15" wheel. I'm thinking I'd like to have 15" wide rears. My dad's car has 18" and I'd like to be a tick smaller.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back