Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally getting off to a good start on my dream

kookie2007

After searching the web for the last few years I finally pulled the trigger on ordering a big chunk of parts for my dream of building a T bucket. I received the body and most of the suspension parts late yesterday and spent the day in the garage sorting them out and even started fitting up the front suspension. Thanks to everyone who has offered their expertise on this site. You all have given me the confidence to actually get things going. As soon as I can figure how to post up some pics I'll put them up.

Looks nice, and another one with one of them blue motors.........

Where did your body and interior come from??

I bought the body from Spirit. Extended deluxe body and bought the interior kit from them as well. I picked up the frame (pre-owned Spirit standard frame) from a c/l ad as I did the drivetrain and wheels. Everything else so far has come from Spirit. I added 4" to the frame between the kick and master cylinder bracket to make it fit the extended body.

Thanks, I have a body, chassis, and a whole pile of parts coming from Spirit, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

DSC07504_zpseavico92.jpg
DSC08667_zpsajgdubym.jpg

I posted a couple of your pics up for you.

Making a little progress. I am still mocking everything up and have the radiator, front shock towers, light stands and front end all put in place. I had to move that radiator tabs forward about an inch to clear the water pump on the 351. I moved the rear panhard bracket out of the kick area and fabricated a bracket that bolts to the 8" diff. Trying to make some room in the kick area, hoping to build a fuel tank that will take advantage of that added space for a couple more gallons in the tank. The shocks will bottom out before the panhard contacts the 3rd member so I don't think it's gonna be a problem. (at least that is what I'm hoping for). I may build a bump stop between the frame rails over the center of the axle housing just for some insurance to keep it out of the fuel tank if something goes wrong on the road. Bent up all the brake lines and secured them under the frame rails. Drilled holes for the wiring that will go inside the frame. Made up a rear "bumper" that will be where I am toying with the idea of some '59 Caddy tail lights and license plate. The rectangular tubing will be tucked under the back of the bed with the round tube ovals chromed up and tucked against the back of the bed.
The next step is gonna be set the body on and bolt it down so I can start working up the steering column. I'm a little worried about clearance around the bell housing for some steering u-joints. I may have to move the vega box a little bit outboard to make it clear.
I'm open to comments and suggestions.

Looks like a really excellent start on your dream ......enjoy !!!

BTW, some really nice clear pics certainly are a plus.

I went in to CCR and talked with Jerry. He had a box of different styles in the back room. I had to try a couple different styles to get the shock to clear the spring when the car was on the ground. These seem to be working well with as much weight as I can put on it right now. He had to send them out for chrome so it took a couple weeks to get them.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back