Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Garage cleaning

VegasBruce

VIP
VIP Member
I've been using mine time of work to get some tings done around the house. Now that Becky is in storage in Texas, I've decided to clean the garage.

Here is how it looked in Dec.

vise016.jpg

And then

vise013.jpg

Garage1223002.jpg

But look what I found.

005.jpg

Wow that was quick, I've had it since '95. Haven't done anything to it yet. I'm going to work on it now, just enough to make it go turn and stop. I dug and old 350 out of the corner, its going to get an eighty nine dollar rebuild. Along with a used Turbo 400, no paint or upholstery work for now. I'll sell it eventually, but not at this time.

Dose it have a V-8 now?

Ron

So is it your gas miser?:shrug2:

wow, Im off to clean my garage too. Never know, somebody else may have left a Nova in the back far corner of mine too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just checked the corners of my shop. All I could find is a Model A roadster pick-up cab and it's box.

Ron

I just went out to shoot a couple of pix of my garage and came right back in. Tomorrow it gets a spiffing up and then maybe some pictures.

I've always enjoyed snooping around other people's garages when they post photos. That way I can feel good about the fact I don't toss much away.

I spent all morning cleaning my garage. When your building a car in a one car garage, you spend as much time puttin things away as you do workin, but I am gettin there.

Went to my shed & all I found was a mess.

Oh, and the bucket, the T coupe, my long abandoned A40 pickup gasser project, a couple of junior dragsters Im storing for a mate, a jetski Im storing for another mate, a load of furniture Im storing for somebody coz their house fell down in the earthquake, about 2500 hot rod magazines plus a couple of race superchargers, a Hilborn 4 port injection, a spare 454, and a spare tupperware t bucket body and a spare Topolino chassis & a spare tupperware Topolino body. And a 200 inch FED frame.

I love snoopping in my shed :whisper: :whisper: :whisper:

Dose it have a V-8 now?

Ron

It was an original 6 cyl car, with a 70 Z/28 engine it it when I got it. I sold the engine and tran to buy my house, but I kept all the Nova only parts. This 350 is a 70 4bolt I took in trade for some other parts.

So is it your gas miser?:shrug2:

A 70 350 with 64cc heads and 2.02 valves, Sure its a economy car, as long as you don't drive it. :kiltdance:

Oh, and the bucket, the T coupe, my long abandoned A40 pickup gasser project, a couple of junior dragsters Im storing for a mate, a jetski Im storing for another mate, a load of furniture Im storing for somebody coz their house fell down in the earthquake, about 2500 hot rod magazines plus a couple of race superchargers, a Hilborn 4 port injection, a spare 454, and a spare tupperware t bucket body and a spare Topolino chassis & a spare tupperware Topolino body. And a 200 inch FED frame.

WOW, what a luck guy! I don't get to find any of that neat stuff in my garage.

IMG_2383.jpg

Jim

That ain't a garage Jim thats a museum!

Ron

That ain't a garage Jim thats a museum!

Ron

Every time I see that pic, I think I need to take off my shoes to walk in there. :jester:

Cool stuff :hyper:

If I get my garage all cleaned up, well as much as you can clean a WORKING GARAGE, it only takes a Day of heavy work to get it looking all messed up again, that is like my friends garage, it is super clean and so is his car, so much so, that He wont drive his car much at all because it might get dirty from the water in the streets from the watering systems over flowing on to the roads, I love to jump in and go, to heck with worrying about road dirt, that is just a fun way of life for me... :)

If I get my garage all cleaned up, well as much as you can clean a WORKING GARAGE, it only takes a Day of heavy work to get it looking all messed up again, that is like my friends garage, it is super clean and so is his car, so much so, that He wont drive his car much at all because it might get dirty from the water in the streets from the watering systems over flowing on to the roads, I love to jump in and go, to heck with worrying about road dirt, that is just a fun way of life for me... :)
Much to most to most people's disappointment, my garage IS a WORKING GARAGE as most of my T was built there. (The '37 was completed in my garage in Ohio before I moved to Florida.) Sure, it gets dirty but I make a point of cleaning it up. I do the same with my cars, which are drivers. I do not consider dirt to be a badge of accomplishment. Both my street rods are kept as clean on the bottom as they are on top. That is just me and I do not criticize anyone who chooses to do otherwise. To each their own is my motto.

Jim

I have worked in many garages. It is amazing the difference between bosses.Some have you sweep every morning before we started others once in a while we did a thorough cleaning.
If you saw under neath some of the restaurant counters you would never eat at these again.Where others are spotless.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back