Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

gas mileage on t's????

I talked to a gentleman from scotland yesterday he said gas over there is a euro a liter. Which is almost 12 dollars a gallon.

One US gallon equals 3.79 litres.

One Euro equals 1.59 US dollars.

One US gallon costs 3.79 Euros in Scotland given one litre is one Euro.

One US gallon costs 6.03 US dollars in Scotland.

We are running at $1.70 per liter in Australia. The AUS $1.00 is 96 c US at the moment. Still a lot cheaper than Europe. I thought I might share who I'm going to buy my chassis from in Aus.

Brass nuck's Rods

I think they look pretty cool.

Neddy

I am running a stock 305 with a mild cam and a Tri-Power Tunnel Ram setup with progresive throttle linkage. Just cruising in town and at highway speed, I'm only running on the center 2bbl. carburetor. My transmission is a TH-350 with a B&M shift improver kit and a 2000 stall converter. The differential is a 3.53:1 Jaguar open with 28" tall tires. I don't have many miles on my T-Bucket but I estimate that I am getting 15-18mpg if I keep my foot out of it.

neddy said:
We are running at $1.70 per liter in Australia. The AUS $1.00 is 96 c US at the moment. Still a lot cheaper than Europe. I thought I might share who I'm going to buy my chassis from in Aus.

Brass nuck's Rods

I think they look pretty cool.

Neddy

Nice looking product... bodies look real nice and that frame is the best stock frame I've ever seen... The front disk backing plate is very cool too, but just one more thing to have to chrome... :eek: I did notice they had the Master Cylinder bracket on the wrong side of the car... should be an easy fix. :lol:

I have a 305 S B C,bored 30 over with a R.V. cam & holly 600 carb.,a th350 tranny,a 3.73 with a posi-traction. On the road to car shows I can get 16 mpg [with out my foot in it.]:razz:

350 SBC, 600 cfm Edlebrock, ? 3/4 cam, 2.79 or 3.00 rear and get 8-12 mpg depending on how heavy my right size 11 is. I think some carb adjustment and a check of the dwell and timing is in order.

ACJC said:
350 SBC, 600 cfm Edlebrock, ? 3/4 cam, 2.79 or 3.00 rear and get 8-12 mpg depending on how heavy my right size 11 is. I think some carb adjustment and a check of the dwell and timing is in order.

What happened to the other 1/4 of your cam? ;)

My boss said I should be getting 25-30 MPG, but he doesn't understand how much fun it is "putting my foot" in it! :lol: Just like kids, we like making that "RUMP!" noise every chance we get.

Beats me, the guy I bought the car from said he put a 3/4 race cam in it. Of course he didn't have the box it came in or the profile. I have no idea what brand of cam is in the engine.

But as Fed says, it's hard to keep burping the throttle.

It's even funnier getting the maternal wag of the finger :naughty: from the better half when you jump hard on the throttle make her use :cussing:words and scare the begeebies :eek: out of her when you see daylight peeking under a front tire.

So, in the end it's worth getting less than a 100 miles to a tank full and getting scolded. The cheese on my face is worth every cent. :)

Gas Mileage and Hot Rod is an Oxy Moron. They shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. :)

"Gas Mileage and Hot Rod is an Oxy Moron. They shouldn't even be used in the same sentence."

You want gas mileage, then get a Mini. You want a nice ride, then get a Cadillac.

My 350/350 gets about 8mpg. 750 Holley, heavy cam, 3.5 third member, and a 3200 stall converter. I am currently considering changing the cam and converter. Then get the 3x2 setup going and hope for about 20 mpg. It sure is fun to drive but pulling up to the pump kind of takes the edge off of the smiles. It is near impossible to keep my foot out of it so that doesn't help the economy much.:cry::eek::eek:

You know, I get countless people asking me what the mileage of my T is. I tell them that it's decent, but that's not why I built it. The gearheads understand it, but the non- car folks just look saddened. It's almost like they were hoping I had invented a gas saving car to save the world and others give me the look that I'm selfish for building a car that uses more fuel than it saves. Can't please everyone, so I please myself.:cry:

I know this is an old thread but I found it very interesting. I was thinking with the high cost of fuel I would have to leave the old motor home ,, home more and drive the T-Bucket. Woo Hoo glad I didn't sell the trailer. I need to tow my bucket to the job (anywhere in USA) then drive it back and forth to the plant. Motor home will get better mileage except,,, I put the banks system on it. Can't keep my foot out of that anymore either..

Someone asked me a few months back about mileage, I told them I get about 39 MPG. They where really shocked and said that is way better than there car. Then I said " Well, being on a trailer for the first 31 miles helped a lot ". ;)

I can't believe what I'm reading! Just drive the ----- thing!

Build a T with an original engine if you want mileage. I checked my mileage on a 2500 mile round trip. I got 18 miles to the gallon. Big whoop! I have a small block / cam / fuelly heads / turbo - the usual. I figured out that my carefull records were a complete waste of time. every hour or so some idiot would cruise up next to me in a rice-rocket or some other goofy hot rod or I'd spot some kids lookin' my way and I'd obligingly put the hammer down. I soon realized that I was douchin' my carb each time with a quart-and-a-half-o-gas! If I hadn't done that I would have averaged about 28 or 30 MPG. BUT...I would not have had a lick of fun though and (correct me if I'm wrong) that's what it's all about.

Seriously, if you are really desperate to get good mileage you will have to put a governer on the throttle. A good sized brick on the floorboard under the gas pedal will work too.

Seriously, If you want good mileage, get a bicycle. Sorry I just could not resist saying that. My Bad :eek::eek::eek:

Richard G. did a T touring back a few years with a pinto engine, with 3 carbs, He told me he got 68 MPG on a trip from Long Beach to San Diego and back... plus that car ran great also, plenty quick... Like I have always said, any stock engine, V8 to 4 banger, will be quicker than any stock factory car, and get very good gas mileage... Mine with the BBC was in the 20's... Just have fun crusin. Take the racin to the track, as I have been there and darn near got busted big time... :rolleyes:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back