Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gas Prices in California

Allen

Hey Mike and the rest of the forum, What are you paying for gas where you live? Here in California, we're inchin' toward $5 a gallon, and I'm not rich. That's why a lot of guys tow their cars. If you have a blower forget about it.

gas buddy link

3.89 in wisconsin kid in az 3.33 kid in alaska 4.29
Just going across the border from CA to AZ always saves a buck or more per gallon. It's very irritating. I was told once that the added expense in CA is due to the environmental additives that we get to ensure better air quality. The speaker said that if the rest of the country had to use the same gas as CA the price here would drop to match that in the rest of the nation.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Jeff

Just going across the border from CA to AZ always saves a buck or more per gallon. It's very irritating. I was told once that the added expense in CA is due to the environmental additives that we get to ensure better air quality. The speaker said that if the rest of the country had to use the same gas as CA the price here would drop to match that in the rest of the nation.

Jeff

3.65 here in Washington
Thieven Bastages

Jeff

Jeff,

My gut feeling on the speakers statement is that if everybody else had to buy the same blend gas as California then everyone else would be paying California prices. Not a chance in hell would it get lowered as those on the throne like the tax revenue.

George

Is Ethanol used nation wide it is in 90 percent of gas here?

Inching slowly to $4 a gallon. Diesel is just about there. Some places already have premium over $4 a gallon.

Dallas Gas Prices

Reg Avg $3.58
Mid $3.74
Premium $3.82
Diesel $3.99

I'm just west of Chicago and with 10.25 compression I have to run premium.

$3.98 regular
$4.22 premium
$3.99 diesel

We spend time between the Vancouver, Washinton / Portland Oregon area and the Florence Oregon area. We are always amazed that the gas is about $.25 - $30 cheaper in Florence than here. It's a small coastal town, and gas has to be trucked in from a long way aways. The Portland/Vancouver area is a much larger area, with a shipping port, and rail service, and has refineries. Does not make any sense!
Corley

Here is what I do to get away from having to use Premium fuel, install two (2) head gaskets... each steel gasket lowers the ratio a full point, so it may take three (3) if you were crazy for compression, when first building your engine. :)

Jeff,

Not a chance in hell would it get lowered as those on the throne like the tax revenue.

George
Yeah, I believed that from the beginning. I suppose it is possible that if gas prices were consitent across the nation we might see a slower rate if increase, but it is just as likely that I am dreaming.

$3.56 here in Texas ...

saw turbo blue 105 octane 5.99 today

Tea boy, I'm thinking you intended to use a dollar sign ($) there, rather than the pound sign (£). I talked to a buddy in Scotland a few days back and they were rapidly approaching the $12.00/gallon mark. £11.00 is well over $17.00. :wow:

Tea boy, I'm thinking you intended to use a dollar sign ($) there, rather than the pound sign (£). I talked to a buddy in Scotland a few days back and they were rapidly approaching the $12.00/gallon mark. £11.00 is well over $17.00. :wow:
Yes Mike, i must of had a senior moment

Regular is around $3.75/gallon here in the Akron, Ohio area. Diesel is around $4.15, which has one of my co-workers (who drives a 3/4 ton crew-cab Ford Diesel pickup) complaining non-stop! :soapbox: The sad part is there seems to be no real reason for such high prices-the whole Middle East thing is just a convenient excuse!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back