Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Greetings from PA

JeffK

After lurking in the background for almost a year, introductions are due. My name is Jeff and I’m from North Central PA. As a kid @ 9-10 yrs old I assembled a large scale (maybe 1:12 scale) T-bucket model, had soft rubber tires, even “real” plug wires. I knew someday I would build one. Well f-fwd 44 yrs and now is the time. I spent 21 yrs in the USAF, (jet engine mechanic) retired and have all the ducks in a row so to speak (kids grown, wives gone lol). Previously I built a Northeast Dirt Modified which my nephew drove and after 3 yrs woke up to the fact that racing will eat your wallet fast and also take a bite out of you’re a*# while it’s at it. I’m doing this on retirement pay so it will not be a short build but satisfying all the same. I ordered a frame, front I- Beam suspension (like the suicide look), 9” rear housing, and body from Wintec and it is supposed to be ready by 1 May. I have all the disc brake assy’s, brake lines and valves, wiring harness, complete fuel system parts and am currently assembling the 3rd member. When I get started I will post pics. Glad to see and be a part of this forum, the knowledge here is golden. Jeff.

Welcome. I always enjoy seeing new builds.

Welcome from WI, good luck with WINTEC! Ready to retire myself from the Army.......7 months. Hopefully retirement is good! Looking forward to some pics. Be advised you need to get on a photo sharing site, to post pics, like photo-bucket. You cannot just upload pics. Good luck and have fun with it!

Thanks for the welcomes, pics will follow when I get started, guess I gotta up my posts so I can.

Welcome from WI, good luck with WINTEC! Ready to retire myself from the Army.......7 months. Hopefully retirement is good! Looking forward to some pics. Be advised you need to get on a photo sharing site, to post pics, like photo-bucket. You cannot just upload pics. Good luck and have fun with it!
I set up a photobucket acct, I will be sure to provide a critique on Wintec

I set up a photobucket acct, I will be sure to provide a critique on Wintec
OOPS, congats on retirement, its great, just be ready for the sudden relief of stress lol, 90mph to 0 in one day. I will say I miss the people.

OOPS, congats on retirement, its great, just be ready for the sudden relief of stress lol, 90mph to 0 in one day. I will say I miss the people.

Perfect, I am looking forward to that! I understand civilian life is much different.....

Welcome from Wisconsin. There is a lot of know how on this site and they are willing to share it. Doesn't get any better than that. Enjoy your retirement and a big thanks for serving the great nation of ours.

Now you can do things at YOUR pace. Look forward to 'nuts n bolts' of your T.
Oh.... and welcome from the good old UK.

Welcome from Wisconsin. There is a lot of know how on this site and they are willing to share it. Doesn't get any better than that. Enjoy your retirement and a big thanks for serving the great nation of ours.
Thanks, & you're most welcome, some of the best times of my life ! I have already learned allot from browsing.

Now you can do things at YOUR pace. Look forward to 'nuts n bolts' of your T.
Oh.... and welcome from the good old UK.
Thanks Gerry, slow and steady is the plan....unfortunately never had the opportunity to experience your country, was at Heathrow once long enough to down a few Guiness Stouts :)

I worked for a Company out of EightFour (30 mins out side of Pittsburgh) for ni on 20 years. Spent lots of time in Pittsburgh. Great city, specially "Dan Tan"... station Sq, the Incline, all good stuff. Stayed with a friend many times who lined on Carson and 13th. Did Falling Waters and 7 Springs a few times.
But Pa is a big state so maybe you are not from the 3 Rivers area.

Lots os USA people get to experience Heathrow. Be good if they could do a stop over and go see London for a day.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back