Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Greg R's Build

Greg R

After a eternal wait the Spirit 23 T Super kit arrived today. A few parts are on backorder but nothing needed for awhile.
Now I have to sort through the parts and get going.

Pictures will be posted as I saw how valuable Satori's were to me.

Get going on the build warm weather is finally here except tonight they are talking 28 here:eek:.Nice looking tires I have those on the rear.

Good luck Greg, looks like you're ready to go.

That's awesome man. Definitely take tons of pics. :D

On a side note, if those Cragar SS wheels take the same lugnuts like my wheels do (long shank), start tracking them down now. I finally found the ones for the back but NO place in this entire town had the ones for the front. I guess Cragar SS long shank lug nuts are a thing of the past and stores have stopped carrying them. If you have the S-10 rear end and the GM front rotors like I do, the back will take a 12-1.5 thread pattern and the front will take a 7/16 thread pattern.

Having said that, post some pics already!! :lol:

Satori said:

On a side note, if those Cragar SS wheels take the same lugnuts like my wheels do (long shank), start tracking them down now. I finally found the ones for the back but NO place in this entire town had the ones for the front. I guess Cragar SS long shank lug nuts are a thing of the past and stores have stopped carrying them. If you have the S-10 rear end and the GM front rotors like I do, the back will take a 12-1.5 thread pattern and the front will take a 7/16 thread pattern.

Thanks Mike. That's the first thing I thought of today at 4:30am. I was wondering what sizes I'd need.

Careful depending on the year of the front rotors they could be metric as well. Enjoy your build

Satori said:

Exact same problem I had, eventually had to order them through Discount Tire. One note, they come in 4-pak's so for the front you'll have to get 3 paks, never understood why they do that, other than to sell more.

Yogi said:
Exact same problem I had, eventually had to order them through Discount Tire. One note, they come in 4-pak's so for the front you'll have to get 3 paks, never understood why they do that, other than to sell more.
If you buy their wheel locks you only need the 4.

IMG_10581.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

Coming along but my time has been too limited.

Looks like you are on cruise control alot of people take a year or more to put a car together.

Some photos for your pleasure. have been slowed down by life and lately find only a few hours here and there. It should ease soon as I tackle the brake lines next.
If I didn't previously mention it the color is House of Kolor Tangerine.........also I've done this 100% alone with no real previous mechanical training so there has been quite allot of googling and reading on the internet. I plan to take the car to a local mechanic I know when it gets near start up time so he can check my work. Or sooner if I get stuck somewhere.

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

Very sharp car.That color is awsome but the motor looks funny.The distributor is in the rear:laugh:

I would have a mechanic look at it before the body goes on so he can check the brakes also. Safety first.Looks like areally nice looking job not like mine was when I bought it cobbled.One thing I would do is make sure you put plugs in wiring harness where it connects to the body. Hope this doesn't happen but if you ever have tranny problems body will have to come off because crossmember is solid.JMO

Rick said:
Very sharp car.That color is awsome but the motor looks funny.The distributor is in the rear:laugh:

I'll have Tommy Roe take a look at that.;)

putz said:
I would have a mechanic look at it before the body goes on so he can check the brakes also. Safety first.Looks like areally nice looking job not like mine was when I bought it cobbled.One thing I would do is make sure you put plugs in wiring harness where it connects to the body. Hope this doesn't happen but if you ever have tranny problems body will have to come off because crossmember is solid.JMO

Good advise.

Wow Putz, good eye on the tranny. Greg, you could put in a removable cover over the top and if the tranny ever goes, then you could take it out with that shop crane. It wouldn't hurt since your going to need access to your master cylinder anyway.

Awesome job Looks great The details at the end do slow things down but finally drivable.How do you like all the looks you get/ Just watch so some bonehead doesn't hit you when looking and not paying attention. Drive defensive.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back