Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hawaiian Style 23 T

T4TWO

Hey gang, just a small update on my progress since I sign up to this very knowledgeable site. Well to be honest I haven't really been working on it. Instead, I've been surfing this site for ideas on a direction I would like to go with my project. I've spent a lot of time looking through the Speedway and Spirit catalogs. Checking the net for parts, cost for shipping etc. In other words since its the Christmas season. "I've been making my list and checking it twice." Going to meet up with a guy who is selling a running 350 4 bolt main and a fully tricked out turbo 350 trans this weekend. Right now I have a 1956 pumpkin out back. How hard would it be to find parts for this diff? I have a complete spare 10 bolt diff that came out of a 1985 MCSS with posi and 373 gears.

100_3553.jpg

This is what and where I'am starting from. ^^^^^^
i911.jpg

This is where I would like to be when its done. ^^^^^^

Well at least you have the weather to work on it. I was 8 degrees here earlier this evening but it has risen to 14. Heat wave

First its a good start with being where you are because you have the bones. Could you use the current engine? And beware of a "fully tricked out turbo 350 trans" cuz the more you trick out some of these things the less reliable they are or it may be used up already.
Now and not to hijack your question, it has always amazed me to see any cars come to this end. I mean at what point did someone decide to push it outside and let it start going down hill. If your tired of it sell it and let the enjoyment pass to someone else. You would have to think that it was worth more at some point before this. But I like many other have questioned the owners of "yard art" only to find thats it on the list and going to be fixed up someday only to see it later rusted or rotted to the ground beyond any hope at all.
OK got that off my chest, need to go and get rid of some stuff to avoid being a hypocrite. :eek:
Randall

Your further ahead on your restoration than you might think! Having a goal set for your finished T saves a lot of time and useless spending. Don't make your Christmas list so long it scares you! Happy Holidays.

Suprising that I don't really need a lot of parts to complete this task, mostly trim. I will have to search and get some parts. Or I can try to fab something up and I have other gear heads friends that will help me fab up whatever I may need. I have a couple of spare bullets/trans/rear diff's ready should I need them. I will tear down whats in there now and make a decission as to re use it or not.

Yeah, seems the previous owner got lazy or plans changed in his life. Too bad the Bucket had to suffer. But, now that I have it. I will complete the job! The only problem is time. But, I'm not in any kind of rush. Yes the climate here is pretty good all year round. Its our rainy season right now. But not as cold as where some of you peeps live. Stay Warm out there! I'll do my best to keep you updated on progress.

:D

Yup, they have a very nice ride. So do so many other peeps here! I could spend a lot of time surfing the gallery and just checking out all the rides.

Well, I'm off to pick up a complete 350 carb to oil pan to tail shaft. I went to check it out before this guy pulled it from his 69 RS 1st gen Camaro. Mild build on the motor which was fine. No leaks that was visible, and it sounded like a tune up was done recently. Took a ride in it and the motor is fresh and strong, just like the trans. No slippage or leaks there too. Plans are a complete tear down and overhaul as needed. Shouldn't need much more than new gaskets and maybe freeze plugs and a new water pump and thermostat.

Took off the front tires and spindles mounts today, also the headers came off and went into the trash. I should have some time this week to pull the body off. After I take out the old interior and trash that too.

OK thats it for now.

Did a little work on her today. Because to me, the early games from the NFL were a little boring to watch. So I went outside and got some work done.

Body coming off
100_4273.jpg

100_4274.jpg

Some body damage that will need to be repaired

100_4277.jpg

100_4278.jpg

100_4279.jpg

Where it sits waiting for a make over

100_4284.jpg

100_4285.jpg

Other pix's will be up later.

Before: motor and trans still in

100_4288.jpg

100_4293.jpg

Both are out and resting

100_4296.jpg

Don't know why there was only One body mount?

100_4298.jpg

Need to make new motor mounts

100_4299.jpg

How she sits until the next time I can work on her

100_4302.jpg

That's it for now, Thanks for looking.

Next time I will take off all steering and suspension parts. Then hit it with a grinding wheel, or wire wheel, or power sander. :cool:

making good progress. Is that sqaure tube a part ot the seat riser?

Keep workin on it, it will be as nice as it once was. Looks like it was used for a beach buggy and took on some salt water. Lotsa fun but hard on the finish.Gonna be nice when your done....:D :lol:...Francis

Todd said:
making good progress. Is that sqaure tube a part ot the seat riser?

Seems to be a riser of some sorts. I may cut that down a few inches to give me more leg space in the cab. Then either find or fab a gas tank in under the seat.

Francis Blake said:
Keep workin on it, it will be as nice as it once was. Looks like it was used for a beach buggy and took on some salt water. Lotsa fun but hard on the finish.Gonna be nice when your done....:D :lol:...Francis

I think it looks like that because its been sitting for about three years out in the elements. Although it has been covered for that time. The elements will find a way to get to it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back