Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from the uk

langy

Just thought i would pop in and say hi, Just joined so its all new to me :cool:

I'm from Watford, Herts, UK and i have a Hotrod shop building cars for customers, I have my own 23 T Bucket which i built in 1999, Finished it in exactly 1 year and debuted it in 2000, Its has a 330bhp 289 Ford mated to a C4 auto, 9" rear & tradditional front. Runs 12.6 quarters while still returning 24mpg which i need in the U.K. with fuel now $12 per gallon !!!

I'm currently building a 26T Coupe with a healthy 512 Caddy motor but i have to finish a 32 roadster first, the 26T is a bit unusual that it has a polished Stainless Steel chassis.

Here's a couple of pics of my T, First pic is with my mate Norm Grabowski, A great fella.

PICT5895.jpg

chuckspicoftheT.jpg

GP12.jpg

Slalom pics

Outlawspicnic085.jpg

Outlawspicnic087.jpg

Thanks for looking
Steve.

Do you think that Grabowski dude knows anything about a T bucket?? :eek::rolleyes::lol:

Hey Steve, glad to see you over here. You and I have exchanged PM's on the HAMB. I don't post there as my Son is a member there, and I let him have it all to himself, he is Dodgerodder over there.

For those of you who don't know Steve, he builds one heck of a hot rod, as you can see by the one pictured. Best of all, HE DRIVES THE WHEELS OFF OF THEM..............even at $ 12 a gallon!! :eek:

You will like the folks on here Steve, no drama or flaming, just people you would love to enjoy a cool one with at the local pub. Hope to see you around here a lot.

Don

And judging by this picture, your fellow Englishmen REALLY trust your driving abilities!!!! I don't think that red ribbon is going to stop an errant driver!!! lol

Outlawspicnic087.jpg

Welcome to the site Steve. Glad to see you here. I like the Radars and the checker board. You can post pictures of the Deuce and the coupe for me if you want to. Tell you what, you post thepics and I'll send you 10 gallons of $4 gas. How's that for a trade?

Ron

Yeah, we're rolling in money over here now that gas has dropped. I just saw it for $3.59 yesterday. Never thought that would seem cheap. :eek::rolleyes::lol:

Don

Hi Don how ya doing, still got them lovely buckets, How's the lad getting on with his project ???

Thanks for the kind words.

i've added some pics as requested by Yougster but it came up with "Post won't show till authorised by Moderator"

donsrods said:
Do you think that Grabowski dude knows anything about a T bucket?? :eek::lol::lol:

Hey Steve, glad to see you over here. You and I have exchanged PM's on the HAMB. I don't post there as my Son is a member there, and I let him have it all to himself, he is Dodgerodder over there.

For those of you who don't know Steve, he builds one heck of a hot rod, as you can see by the one pictured. Best of all, HE DRIVES THE WHEELS OFF OF THEM..............even at $ 12 a gallon!! :eek:

You will like the folks on here Steve, no drama or flaming, just people you would love to enjoy a cool one with at the local pub. Hope to see you around here a lot.

Don

And judging by this picture, your fellow Englishmen REALLY trust your driving abilities!!!! I don't think that red ribbon is going to stop an errant driver!!! lol

Outlawspicnic087.jpg

HA ha ha, Yep could definitly do with the gas mate, Thanks for the welcome.
Didn't want to post pics of 32 as this is obviously a T site but if you want to have a look the buildup pics are here in the 32 roadster section Webshots-Grand Opening Special: Enter code SAVE25 at checkout and save 25% on your order!

The 26T i guess is ok so here ya go

This is a mockup of how i want it to look on a old chassis, The Caddy lump is onviously gonna look a lot bigger.

Picture020.jpg

Here's a few pics of the chassis going together, Its taking a while as its very labour intensive but once the 32 is done i can really crack on with it.

Chassis material

100mmx50mmx3mmStainlessBox1.jpg

Front perch

SNV12407.jpg

SNV12413.jpg

July21st085.jpg

July21st086.jpg

July21st087.jpg

July21st089.jpg

July21st0811.jpg

July21st0818.jpg

July21st0821.jpg

Front chassis leg

July21st0824.jpg

July21st0825.jpg

Engine mounts & Steering arms

Photo-0018.jpg

SNV12292.jpg

ModifiedEnginemount1.jpg

ModifiedEnginemount2.jpg

ModifiedEnginemount8.jpg

More pics & buildup here in the 26T section Webshots-Grand Opening Special: Enter code SAVE25 at checkout and save 25% on your order!

Thanks for looking
Steve.

Youngster said:
Welcome to the site Steve. Glad to see you here. I like the Radars and the checker board. You can post pictures of the Deuce and the coupe for me if you want to. Tell you what, you post thepics and I'll send you 10 gallons of $4 gas. How's that for a trade?

Ron

Welcome Steve.

Glad you made it here as it is a great friendly site.

That sure is top quality work, looking forward to seeing more progress and the hopefully finished car in the not too distant future.

Pete

Wow...Steve that's some very impressive work. You are clearly a very talented and skilled fabricator. It doesn't really surprise me though after seeing the pics of your bucket.Do the cans under the carb scoops cover the FI injectors? LOL That gold color is cool too. Kind of gives it a retro feeling. Thanks for the pics.

Ron

hi Steve, great work as always, I must say to all who don`t know him that Steves work and attention to detail is first class and would rival anything i`ve seen anywhere,
Russ.

Holy S#%T look at those welds.A stainless frame thats gotta hurt the wallet.Nice 26 .Keep the pics rolling Langy

The Gold was put on by somebody else, When finished the car will be Copper metalflake with a White diamond tufted roof.

Thanks for the kind words.

Youngster said:
Wow...Steve that's some very impressive work. You are clearly a very talented and skilled fabricator. It doesn't really surprise me though after seeing the pics of your bucket.Do the cans under the carb scoops cover the FI injectors? LOL That gold color is cool too. Kind of gives it a retro feeling. Thanks for the pics.

Ron

Not too bad really the material cost me 350 (about $700)and i have virtually all i need now. Will keep you updated but its going to be slow as its so labour intensive.

Cheers
Steve.

Rick said:
Holy S#%T look at those welds.A stainless frame thats gotta hurt the wallet.Nice 26 .Keep the pics rolling Langy

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back