Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Howells Sheetmetal (fodor.com) question

Toms26T

Does anyone use Howell's Sheetmetal for parts and how was your experience?

I have been waiting on parts ordered Aug 27, I get the yea we shipped them, Oh they have not shipped yet, Their phone messages are full, they do not answer emails.

I have always had good results with Howells. Sorry to hear you're having problems with them. What parts did you order?

Ron

Both my brother and I have parts on order I have more I would like to order but will not until they deliver the first items. I have the rear quarters and back panel for a 26 Touring and my brother has several for a roadster he is building. When we do get through they say most of the items are in stock and tell us they will call back with status and never call back.

Poor business relations I will say.

I have been wanting to get some 29 sedan sheetmetal from them. They are in Nederland which is between Beaumont and Port Arthur. I was going to drive over there and get the parts. Only about 100 miles from here. They had a cool 27 or 28 crewcab pickup I saw at a car show many years ago.

If you decide to heat that way PM me and I will give you name and order number. Thanks

Found on BBB All I can say is use extreme caution.

Business Contact and Profile
Name: Howell's Sheetmetal Company Phone: (409) 838-3673 Fax: (409) 838-9988 Address: 3830 Hollywood St
Beaumont, TX 77701-3705 Website: www.fordor.com Original Business Start Date: January 1958 New Owner Date: January 2006 Principal: Ryan Walton, Owner Customer Contact: Ryan Walton, Owner - (409) 838-3673 Entity: Sole Proprietor Employees: 8 Type of Business: Sheet Metal Work, Antiques-Reproductions, Manufacturers & Producers BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.
BBB Rating
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of C- on a scale from A+ to F.

Reasons for this rating include:
  • 3 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
  • 2 serious complaints filed against business.
Customer Complaint History
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 13 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 13 complaints closed in 36 months, 10 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned :+ 2 regarding Customer Service Issues 1- Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services1- Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support+ 4 regarding Delivery Issues 4- Non-delivery of products+ 2 regarding Product Issues 2- None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue+ 2 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues 1- Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit1- Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies+ 1 regarding Sales Practice Issues 1- Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices+ 2 regarding Service Issues 1- Delayed completion of service1- Improper or inferior service These complaints were closed as: + 9 Resolved 3 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.6 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.+ 3 Unresolved 3 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.+ 1 Administratively Closed

I use to deliver to their Nederland store. This was the original location. When Ryan bought the business he stayed in the old building for a couple of years, then he moved to Beaumont. They didn't have alot of parts in stock, they mostly make the parts as the orders come in. It was rare to catch Ryan there. The guys(2 or 3) working there are Hotrodders. His ebay score is 98.6%( mostly poor customer service and slow shipping). He ships worldwide. They were always busy but that is no excuse for poor customer service.

After 2 months of waiting and a month of no call backs, I filed a report with the BBB and 2 days after that I was refunded my money.

So is there anyone else that makes body parts for a 27 touring?

Check with the folks at modelthaven.com ... they have a full line of repo T sheet metal. (most of it is from Howlles)

Ron

After 2 months of waiting and a month of no call backs, I filed a report with the BBB and 2 days after that I was refunded my money.

So is there anyone else that makes body parts for a 27 touring?

Check with Snyder's

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back