Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hyd shock mount from RPM questions and pictures

Gents,

I have a serious problem with this setup. I have a Total performance 23T sucide front end with the short shocks.I have measured and re-measured my radius rod measurements, checked to make sure that the caster angle is at 5-degrees positive based on Total's build instructions.I've even cut off the bolt and ground it down to clear the shocks. But no matter what I do, one side of the mounting brackets are biting into my shocks. There is lot of clearance between the shocks and the bracker towards the front of the car, but none towards the back.

I will try to post a couple of pics tomorrow. Can you please gimme some tips on how this problem can be fixed?

Much thanks!
-Andy
I have the total set up also mine were actualy used by ron so he could sell them.As you can see my set-up has longer radius rods in the front i have a Mr.Roadster front end on mine though.You would also need the 2 piece brace for the radius rods also.
PIC_0094.jpg

PIC_0093.jpg

PIC_0091.jpg

PIC_0095.jpg

I have to say I'm not a big fan of this setup. IMO there is too much stress on the 3/8" bolt holding the clevis to the bat wing. Another point is as Russ stated in another post, this puts the shock a long way from it's effective area. This is kinda like a bandaid to a sore spot.

The spring action is what you're trying to dampen. My suggestion would be a pair of the F-1 upper shock mounts and shackle plate lower mounts.

Ron

I know this is old but even though I thought I followed up I guess I didn't.

Here is how I modified the bracket.
hydshockconversion15.jpg

And here is it installed. The shock is 1 1/2" behind the shackle mount.
hydshockconversion1.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back