Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I miss Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hoist: OK. but remember that I reserve the right to give you a hard time once in a wile..... just because.:dummy:

welcome home Gerry,

Russ

Done deal
G

Lets not for get the food.

Bangers and mash

Toad in the hole

Yorkshire pudding, Just to name a few.

Sheperd's Pie

Oh and what about the yard of ale?

Sure do miss the Cider

Lisa just spent about a week in London... she seemed to really enjoy it. My trip to Europe (a few years back) we never got there. I only remember a little about arriving in Amsterdam and then it went fuzzy for a long time.

Lisa just spent about a week in London... she seemed to really enjoy it. My trip to Europe (a few years back) we never got there. I only remember a little about arriving in Amsterdam and then it went fuzzy for a long time.

Funny thats what Amsterdam did to me as well.!!!. Could nt even find my hotel after an evening out

Thats a metre of ale these days, by the way
G

Mmmmm, bangers and mashed sounds good. As does shepherd's pie. Or <DROOL>, haggis, neeps and tatties. I had venison steak pie at the Sheriffmuir Inn one evening, and it was to die for.

I should dig out some pictures of some adventures at the Sheriffmuir Inn and post them.

shrf0513.jpg

For some reason, every time a few of us get together in one place with a few bottles of single malt, it always ends up with sharp, pointy things being waved about. And yes, there is a very low ceiling at the Sheriffmuir Inn and it does bear a few battle scars. As I recall, these fine lads were welcoming me back "home" when this was taken. My memory of the evening gets a bit fuzzy about the edges.

Pants are outer garments here and under garments there.

And suspenders are braces. I made that slip of the tongue one evening. Four of us had gone to dinner at some posh place just outside Stirling and my pal had <ahem> braces on. After he snorted a mouthful of water through his nose, he set me straight on the fact that women wear suspenders to hold up their stockings. His wife rather enjoyed the exchange, however. :shrug:

Back and forth = backwards and forwards

Getting through a problem = coming out the other end

Welcome back to the fold, Gerry. You're back where you belong. :thumb:

Gerry, glad to see you back and in good form. Don't think you were in a closet over there for that has a different meaning here, (Don't Ask, Don't Tell). Don't know what you do professionally, but don't let a little thing like work get in the way of finishing the T.

Waiting for more pictures and videos, John

P.S. Mike's friends look straight out of that credit card commercial.

OK guys, I give in

Let me find my way through the cloud of embarrassment from all your messages, pick up the baby and mop up the bathwater.
Now lets get back to what you all do best... T Buckets.

PS. Loree is spelt Lorry, and a Zrbra Crossing is a Ped X. Apart from that you got it covered.

Gerry

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Welcome back Gerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Gerry, welcome back. How'd ya do on the T while you where away? :jester:

Hi Gerry, welcome back. How'd ya do on the T while you where away? :jester:

A few small bits done but I am fighting with a MAJOR problem on the front axle. More on this at a later time when the brain power of 3 people come up with an answer... I hope. Sleepless nights at the moment but a 3 bar set up was always going to be a challenge. And belive me IT IS.
Gerry

Welcome back Gerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. Great to know how many friend i have made over the last 9 months or so. Just need to win the lottery so i can bring the wife and the T to the US and cruise with all the Bucketeers.
Would nt that be a hoot
Gerry

I've only been here a few days and after reading this thread, I'm glad your back TOO!!!!! :hooray: Speaking of a pint :beeer:

I've only been here a few days and after reading this thread, I'm glad your back TOO!!!!! :hooray: Speaking of a pint :beeer:

Thats very kind of you to say so. Mines a Rolling Rock.
gerry

Hey Gerry,

We're all pleased you're back from your holiday.

Gee.... I almost hate to say this... kinda mushy. I think I have a smile on my old puss. Old puss?..... hmmm, I hope that means my face. Hey, no snickering back there, I can hear you.

Having been a few places in the world I've enjoyed comparing what we called things here and what the local there called'em.

Here we call the moon, the moon. My pal Rog Cruz in Manila tells me the locals call it ... the moon. Wow, small world huh? Or, as they might say in Canada... Small world, eh?

OOPS i thought the Banger and mash was something i needed the ole lady for !!!!!!!!sorry
Im not even going to embarass myself and say what i thought toad in a hole was NO WAY

Thanks. Great to know how many friend i have made over the last 9 months or so. Just need to win the lottery so i can bring the wife and the T to the US and cruise with all the Bucketeers.
Would nt that be a hoot
Gerry
Glad to see the UK represented again on the forum. While you were staying low key, I tried a MPG jab to try and pull you back in. I hope you do win the lottery bacause I'm sure you would like cruising the Southwest deserts, just remember we drive on the wrong side of the road.

Bob

Gery has a Rolling Rock and I have a Fuller's ESB.

:hoist: :hoist:

Gee.... I almost hate to say this... kinda mushy. I think I have a smile on my old puss. Old puss?..... hmmm, I hope that means my face. Hey, no snickering back there, I can hear you.
Well, be careful. If you tell him you fell and broke your fanny, he's likely to look at you a bit differently than before.

Im not even going to embarass myself and say what i thought toad in a hole was NO WAY
OK, but can you identify this delicacy -

spotted.jpg

Gerry, do you suppose rooster is going to believe me when I tell him that is a serving of spotted dick? :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back