Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jarrett's 27 roadster

Can you just put regular bolts in the holes with nuts on the inside of the body.
I like those thread inserts and would like to find some like that but not for windshield mounts.

I have the same question: What would prevent you from using regular bolts/washers for the windshield mounts?

Use longer button head chrome/stainless bolts and this to mount windshield.
untitled-png.17321

Can you just put regular bolts in the holes with nuts on the inside of the body.
I like those thread inserts and would like to find some like that but not for windshield mounts.
Lowe’s has them, not cheap. I tried them in oak to hinge my doors, found that tapping the oak and using machine screws was stronger and more stable for my application.

I just drilled all the way through wood and all. Used forstner bit on inside to recess nut and flat washer. Interior panel will cover it. Now I just need 3 new chrome bolts that are longer.

I must say Jarrett and Cooter are both lucky guys, they have a shared interest !!!

This is so "Kool" to see a young bloke building a car with his Dad while he's still at school. What a great start in real life stuff. I never got that chance, my Dad could open the bonnet (Hood) and then he'd step back and say OK it's your turn now!

My father & 2 of his brothers were auto mechanics. My twin brother Ron worked in an auto repair shop , started when he was 16 yo.

That stool is a great idea. Will save his knees in years to come.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back