Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jarrett's 27 roadster

Like I said---Call Pawpaw to come off the retirement cash. He's the kinda guy that will help you out---if Grandmaw will let him!!:D:D:whistling::whistling::unsure::unsure:

Jarrett posts on fb: "We got the crank laid down. Y’all probably already heard that the thrust is wore out. So either buy new crank or have it machined. Whats y'alls thoughts?"

Jarrett's crank.jpgJarrett's thrust bearing.jpg

I think a bone yard crank might be the cheapest way to go. Just be picky about condition.

Or, Ebay . . . $185 (remanufactured)
s-l500.jpg

Well . . . what's the outcome? Old crank useable, or new crank in the works? o_O

PS - Don't feel bad; I had to use a 2-pc crank in my 1-pc block, requiring an adapter. Pain in the rear to install it and keep it from leaking! But . . . it works now!

main seal adaptr.jpg

With all the aftermarket cranks available for BOTH 1 & 2 piece blocks , I doubt very much you HAD to use the adaptor setup ...

Well . . . when the crank was 'free' (in a fellow buckethead's tool shed) and funds are limited, the adapter was cheaper than even a boneyard crank. After the 'leaking' difficulties with the adapter, I would probably go the boneyard route if I had to do it again. At any rate, all is well now - I'm a happy hotrodder! :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back