Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Kaaso's T

The older cars the radiators were bolted in solid. They bolted to the front radiator support which went across the front and even help hold the fenders on. The only rubber I have seen is to keep the hold downs from rubbing a hole in the radiator it self

I appreciate the input on the radiator mounting. My plan was to add a layer of 1/4" foam tape in between the mounts and the frame rail.

Thanks again for the suggestions. If you guys see something that does't look right, please question me on it. This is my first car to build from scratch so I prone to making mistakes.

My plan was to add a layer of 1/4" foam tape in between the mounts and the frame rail.

If you do that you might want to add a support, something like a rod from near the top of the radiator on one or both sides back to the firewall.

Here is a way to support your radiator without using support rods to the firewall.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Before installing this setup, my radiator tended to "vibrate" while driving. Since installing this setup, the radiator is rock solid. I would think that if my radiator was rubber mounted that it would have been moving a lot more. I also gave this idea to another local guy whose radiator looked like it would break off going down the road and now there is no movement.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back