Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Budget Traditional T Build

I got some more done the past week or so.

I fabricated the fuel tank mount and made it bolt-on by welding 5/16 and 3/8 nuts into the frame...

I also fabricated the seat mount...

Those seats look nice and comfortable.

Jim

I'm glad to see you tilted your seats back. Mine actually tilt forward (What was the PO thinking?). I plan to redo my interior and when I do the seat will be tilted back. If you don't mind saying, how much did you tilt them back? Great job by the way:D

I'm glad to see you tilted your seats back. Mine actually tilt forward (What was the PO thinking?). I plan to redo my interior and when I do the seat will be tilted back. If you don't mind saying, how much did you tilt them back? Great job by the way:D

The easiest way to check the tilt is to look at you everyday car because car manufacturers have the correct angle. They are aware of ergonomics.

Jim

I took my angle finder and checked the back of all 3 of our cars. My wife sits at about 10 degrees back, and I like about 20. I'm splitting the difference and going with 15 degrees. My rear kick up will be channeled inside the car, so I designed the kick to 15 degrees so I can mount the back of the seat to it. I cut plywood just to mock it up and it felt very comfortable at that angle, and the bottom front was 3 " higher than the bottom back.

I'm glad to see you tilted your seats back. Mine actually tilt forward (What was the PO thinking?).I plan to redo my interior and when I do the seat will be tilted back. If you don't mind saying, how much did you tilt them back? Great job by the way:D
Thank you! I ended up with 9 degrees. Nice round number, I know lol. I just sat in the car and kept adjusting it until it felt the most comfortable and that's where it landed.

A little more progress. I roughed in the steering column, semi-installed a header, laid the scoop on the carb and mocked up a windshield frame with some steel tube and wooden dowel just to get a feel for it. I started with a 14"-windshield- too tall. 12"-too short. 13"- just right. It may change again depending how I feel, but I think 13" is good. I thought I would like it better with a shorter windshield, but for some reason it's just not striking me. I even tried it laid back 10 degrees or so, but I always went back to 13" straight up. I think it's just gives it sort of an old school look. I don't know. I may not use the scoop either. I found it real cheap at a swap meet so I couldn't pass it up. I can always put it on my '55. Anyway, I think I like the way it's going so far...

Last edited:
Uh oh. I was curious what it would look like with a hood, so I did a quick photoshop. Hmmm, Maybe some louvers! I think I like it! Or not! Yes I do! No I don't! Ugghhh! Now what??

Attachments

• upload_2014-1-6_21-56-54.png
    upload_2014-1-6_21-56-54.png
    752 KB · Views: 11
I vote for the hood...but then I'm prejudiced. I'm planning an open sided hood for mine.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back