Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Pics from my build.

Its Tiger wood. They use it on decks.

Just an FYI.

The species of wood on your cover is Goncalo Alves.

Tigerwood, Brazilian Koa, Zebrawood, Urunday-Para, Mura, Bois De Zebre, Chibatao, Guarita, Aderno are all common names.

Thanks for the info. I love the work you do. your car is amazing.

Thanks man. Your car has been an inspiration for all of us. Absolutely top notch. Looks like you'll be hitt'n the road soon.

I absolutely love the look of that car! The paint, upholstery and wood compliment each other perfectly...and the rest is top notch to.

Awesome looking ride ! Love the 3 deuces.....

I haven't painted it yet. That's the black gel coat. I read somewhere to build it, drive it, get all the bugs out, then paint it. Sounded like a good idea at the time. Body work will be a winter project. Paint in the spring. If I can get the body work done in the winter while the body is off I can rework some of the wiring. Tidy up the loose ends of what ever. This is my first time building a car. So I look, listen and ask questions when confused. What you guys are able to do with your hands is unbelievable. I'm blessed to have such a treasure trove of knowledge at my finger tips. Thanks to all you guys.

I haven't painted it yet. That's the black gel coat. I read somewhere to build it, drive it, get all the bugs out, then paint it. Sounded like a good idea at the time. Body work will be a winter project. Paint in the spring. If I can get the body work done in the winter while the body is off I can rework some of the wiring. Tidy up the loose ends of what ever. This is my first time building a car. So I look, listen and ask questions when confused. What you guys are able to do with your hands is unbelievable. I'm blessed to have such a treasure trove of knowledge at my finger tips. Thanks to all you guys.
I agree! That is exactly what I am doing. I would hate to have to do any grinding or welding on my powder coated frame etc. You are doing a great job!

20160524_170159_zpshdbzwfjs.jpg
20160602_093421_zpsby9ztpex.jpg
20160602_103429_zpsstexzbkm.jpg
20160602_142407_zpsbmhgtdno.jpg
20160602_144412_zps0gca5ieu.jpg
20160604_150001_zpsypdaymq2.jpg
20160604_150012_zpslzwai9mn.jpg
20160604_150021_zpsimnbzkbn.jpg
20160604_153803_zpshtrhtqsx.jpg
20160604_153811_zpsfxdt78ry.jpg
20160604_153838_zpsmx9uj7tb.jpg
20160604_153856_zpsva6247ih.jpg
20160604_174739_zpsetudx0kj.jpg
20160605_164514_zpscad0dfuk.jpg
20160605_170612_zpsxmfsa9zb.jpg
20160605_170621_zpskfujyjrd.jpg
20160605_170631_zpsxj0tlwqs.jpg
20160605_170642_zpsdnlqtxce.jpg
Sorry about the size of the pics. I still don't know how to make them smaller. This is how I made my new trans tunnel. I moved the shifter forward as Jerry suggested, then made the tunnel shorter. I will bolt it on so I can remove it if needed. Just in front of the bolt on the floor is the mark where the old tunnel was. Now I have room for my porky ass to get by without snagging my feet. Some Bondo, sanding and a little primer and I think it will look good. Thinking about replacing the chrome ring with a wood one that matches the back of the bucket. Also mounted my wind shield post. The first one was a little tricky but the second went on with no problem. Some Bondo to blend it all in and I can get my glass.

And there you go. Nice job!

You probably don't need to do any more if you're going to cover it with carpet.

You're doing a really nice job, looks good.

My build is similar with CCR frame and stretch body but the frame was originally built for 350 or 400TH so had to modify and move back tail shaft dropdown bracket to work with 700R. That seems to work OK but puts crossmember really close to tailshaft bolts. Maybe mounting the shifter more forward as you have done is a better approach.

Can you provide brand and model of shifter that you're using?

Thanks,
Jerry

Rubicon, thanks for the reply.

I thought you were using a 700R4 based on earlier post but, looking back, I see now that was a reply from 409T, not a post by you..

I used Bondo Glass for the windshield post and Bondo Gold Filler for the blending in around the post and under the windshield frame. Should I have used Bondo Glass for everything? Will I be ok with the way I did it? If I have to make changes now is the time. I refer finishing the blending in but if I must do it over I will.

I think you're doing great.

That shifter cover came out nice!

I'm getting ready to put in the seat belts. Would like to see how you guys did yours. I know there are different opinions on weather to mount to the frame or the body. Would like to hear both sides.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back