Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

pics from my build

Since the engine I bought didn't have a alternator bracket and the original is huge, decided to make one. May not be "pretty" but will do the job. Still need to make the adjustment arm and will then weld the alternator bracket tabs to the plate.
a.jpg b.jpg

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 84
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 83
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 82
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 83
Latest pics took yesterday. Cleaned up the exhaust manifolds, ground off the not needed tabs. Installed the dual remote oil filter. Did some work around the nose section, welded in the nuts on the backside of the grill...Starting now on mounting the body and making the firewall using the cardboard template.
oil.png road4.png

Any updates on this one?

Sorry for the delay. I found a front exhaust manifold and you are right, the pipe would come in contact with the body.

Update. I have the body mounted to the frame. The rear hairpins are installed. I am going with solid steel wheels on the rear instead of the wide fives I have on the front. I moved the steering box so arm comes out of the cowl. Also relocating the dual oil filters further forward. I didn't post any pics because it doesn't really look any different even though there has been a tremendous amount of work.

Thanks for asking about it.

SM

I ran accrossed a guy with some 300 go fast parts... offy intake, finned aluminum covers, etc.
I thought about your build. The guy wasn’t coming off of any of it reasonably cheap, imho, but cool stuff.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back