Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

pics from my build

12.jpg 13.jpg Worked some more on the PVC exhaust mockup. Finally figured out how to use the tubing notcher for angled notches. The end of the header will eventually flare into a 3 inch pipe that will run alongside the body...

Wkll the pipes stay that high or drop down? Just thinking of exhaust decibles......looks cool though. Kinda like an old P40

Wkll the pipes stay that high or drop down? Just thinking of exhaust decibles......looks cool though. Kinda like an old P40
There will be a 3" pipe running down the length of the body that will hold some type of muffler/glaspack. Just not enough hours in the day...especially after cleanup from the hurricane...

SM

I don't know ....... I would get the intake manifold made first. Also the plastic pipe might be a little thick walled to truly represent actual dimensions. But it will give you ideas that can be useful.
Alright, time to roll it out and really look at the dimensions and see where it is off (believe me, it will be off or awkward or just not right). Be able to stand back ten feet or so. True perspective view.

John

Spanko, are you saying it won't melt if I am in my room ??? How long do I have to stay in my room ???

I don't know ....... I would get the intake manifold made first. Also the plastic pipe might be a little thick walled to truly represent actual dimensions. But it will give you ideas that can be useful.
Alright, time to roll it out and really look at the dimensions and see where it is off (believe me, it will be off or awkward or just not right). Be able to stand back ten feet or so. True perspective view.

John

Spanko, are you saying it won't melt if I am in my room ??? How long do I have to stay in my room ???

well, the rear end needs to be attached b4 i csn roll it out. i didnt make the mockup to get exact demensions, i did it for ideas......

SM

SM, if you haven't rolled it out yet, please do so. You will be amazed at what you see.

Remember the saying "with distance comes clarity".

John

SM, if you haven't rolled it out yet, please do so. You will be amazed at what you see.

Remember the saying "with distance comes clarity".

John

Well, I just said the rear end is not attached to anything. Are you suggesting you don't like the way the car looks or what s the deal? The car isn't ready to roll. You do understand I hope, it is representing a '50's dirt track car, not the everyday run of the mill T-bucket. When the rear is attached and I find another wide 5 rim, I will be happy to roll it out, It is just not to that point yet.

SM

Insert my last signature here. Let the man get his car ready. gees.....

Been a while. Any updates?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back