Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Racthet RIde

Thanks for the reminder!!!! lol The forecast is mild for this weekend and I will take it. low to mid 30's for highs and low 20's for lows. Can't complain about that for this time of year. December was really mild. I would move to Texas but the wife is pretty deeply rooted. I want to go somewhere where winter is about a month long! lol Just enough to put the bike away for service. lol

Well, that's Texas. Going to be in 60s this week end

Hey we are going to be in the 40's Saturday! Of course I am sure we will pay for it soon enough. :-( Got the brackets for the lift bars cut and rough shaped. Also got two radius rod brackets cut and shaped but my 5/8" drill bit up and walked off sometime in the last month. lol So I couldn't finish them tonight after work. It is nice having my work shop completely stocked but when things walk off it wakes up the devil in me! Nothing like having to spend time looking for or buying a tool you had. Just pi$$es me off to no end. Well, anyway I will finish them tomorrow and cut the other two brackets as well. My order from RPM most likely will not get here in time but I wish I had everything for this warm spell this weekend. I could get it into a roller by Sunday. Hopefully the mild temps hang around for a little while and UPS is quick!

Reactions: RPM
Hey we are going to be in the 40's Saturday! Of course I am sure we will pay for it soon enough. :-( Got the brackets for the lift bars cut and rough shaped. Also got two radius rod brackets cut and shaped but my 5/8" drill bit up and walked off sometime in the last month. lol So I couldn't finish them tonight after work. It is nice having my work shop completely stocked but when things walk off it wakes up the devil in me! Nothing like having to spend time looking for or buying a tool you had. Just pi$$es me off to no end. Well, anyway I will finish them tomorrow and cut the other two brackets as well. My order from RPM most likely will not get here in time but I wish I had everything for this warm spell this weekend. I could get it into a roller by Sunday. Hopefully the mild temps hang around for a little while and UPS is quick!
I got those parts made and on the brown truck today. They say you will get it Friday. here is the UPS tracking # 1Z6658260346585134

Hey Ratchet, if you succeed in getting it into a roller this weekend, be sure to snap a few pics and post them for all of us to enjoy!!! That is the sort of thing that gets us all through the winter :)

Going to try really hard. I have my wife's "Winter" party that used to be called Christmas Party until a few complained, Friday night. Then Saturday I am headed up to Madison, WI with a couple friends. So between Saturday morning and Sunday it will be close. But IF not then by next weekend for sure. This is of course is if UPS delivers tomorrow. Looking sooooooo forward to being able to roll it around! Trying to decide if I should order the headers and radiator next or the steering box, pitman arm, steering wheel and other related parts. Was thinking of getting headers and radiator in place and then I can start on hood. Thoughts?

Made the tubing with the weld in bung that fits inside of the lift bars. Welded them in and rough ground them. Will finish grinding and feathering later. Made the brackets for the lift bars and the radius rod brackets. I drilled three half inch holes in the top of the lift bars to weld the inserts in. Then welded from within the tubing and then capped them off with some flat strap. I went with 3/4 heim ends because the lift bars are so bulky looking and I thought it looked a little better. Still need to finish grinding the brackets for the radius rods to fit the s-10 rear and drill holes for mounting lift bars to the brackets.2015-01-15_10.34.40_2.jpg 2015-01-15_11.53.34.jpg 2015-01-159518.11.15.jpg 2015-01-15_18.25.25.jpg

Well I started out the weekend hoping to have a roller by the end of today. I didn't get it done. But I did make some good progress. Had some help in the garage today and that was a blessing.
Buddy Keith working on lower shock mounts.
Keithgrinding.gif
lowershockbracketraw.gif
lowershockbracets.gif

Got the front end bolted together and the lift bars tack welded. Then we tackled the upper shock mounts. You can see them on right rear.
Tack welding things is a must when building these cars! lol Learned the hard way. :)

Chassis.gif

Could not finish the roller because I realized I did not have the measurement for the width of coil over bushings. So I didn't know how to space the upper shock mount. Plan to put a solid link in for now but forgot to ask Ron the width of bushings. Oh well always tomorrow right?

mockup.gif

I hope I got the rear tires forward enough. That is one thing I like about the Nick Conti bucket. I know he channeled the body as well but in general trying to mimic his build.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back