Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ron's '27 modifed build

The nose for my dirt racer from post #12;

Arearxmbr006Small.jpg

Hey Ron, looks like you got the pics figured out. :clap: Thats a sweet looking frame. :cool:

:toast:

Here's the rear xmember tacked to the rest of the frame as in post #42;

Taillitebrktw2006Small.jpg

Yeah...I'm ashame to say it's so simple. I was making it a lot harder than it is. Catchin' up with the pictures is takin' time from the shop today but hey, this is the one thing I good at (hot roddin') so I gotta brag when I can,LOL.

Ron

Youngster said:
Yeah...I'm ashame to say it's so simple. I was making it a lot harder than it is. Catchin' up with the pictures is takin' time from the shop today but hey, this is the one thing I good at (hot roddin') so I gotta brag when I can,LOL.

Ron

I'm glad you got the pics to come up,Ron. The work you are doing is super! I can't help but keep going back to that grill shell and the body behind it. Man, this is going to be RIGHT!

My momma used to say if you don't toot your own horn, no one else will. :toast:

Here's the tail light bracket from post #43.

Taillitebrktw2004Small.jpg

Taillitebrktw2003Small.jpg

Taillitebrktw2002Small.jpg

Thanks Fred. That was a real rewarding experence for a " wonder if I can..." project.

Ron

Here's the pics of the new rubber for TKO. The rears are 235R15's and the fronts are 165SR15's. I would really like to run the '33 Ford wires, but this will get me on the road sooner. I bought the rims, rings and caps about 3 years ago for $150. Might as well use them.

27modXX001Small.jpg

Ron

By the way, my avatar is more or less the blue print for Tko. It's from an illustration by Dale Klee. You can check him out on line.

Ron

Ya gonna have a flattie AND a bullet hole in the drivers door to?

Naw...I went to the next generation Ford motor when it showed up as a 3000 mile factory rebuilt for $300. Already fixed the bullet hole. Maybe I should have left it. Naw.. this ain't no rat rod.

Ron

Not much to post this week. I had an other project in the shop the last week or so. I have been working on the front suspension some though.

I'm using a pair of Speedway bat wings for the front hair pins. I didn't like the way they looked, so I added a touch of my own. They also wouldn't let the tie rod go to full lock. At the bottom of the picture you can see the bat wing as it comes from Speedway. I added a piece to the inside of the clevis and then trimmed enough material away to alow the tie rod to move freely.

29rdsrpuproj001.jpg

I couldn't help doing a little detailing on the axel and the perch pins.;)

Ron

Here's a couple more pictures;

Tko005Small.jpg

Speedway part and modifed part.

Tko004Small.jpg

Tie rod hitting the bat wing.

Ron

Ron

You do great work! It's all looking very good. Pics are good too.

That wheel setup is pretty close to what I'm going to use.

Mike

There's a story behind the axel. It was on a hame built utility trailer at one point. If you look closely you can see a mark toward the center of the axle. That's were the parallel spring mounts were added.

Hey parts are parts no matter where you find 'em.

Ron

I've been working on "project TKO" again. A while back there was a post about quick changes. I have always wanted one. At $1300 for a new one and not much less for a used one, I had given up hope of ever getting one. In that post Todd reminded me that I had built a dummy before. To make a long story short, I started digging through my scrap bin and this is what I came up with. It still needs to be detailed and I'll do that when I do the rear of the housing. Here it is;

TKO004.jpg

I'll post more pics when I get it under the frame.

Ron

Youngster said:
I've been working on "project TKO" again. A while back there was a post about quick changes. I have always wanted one. At $1300 for a new one and not much less for a used one, I had given up hope of ever getting one. In that post Todd reminded me that I had built a dummy before. To make a long story short, I started digging through my scrap bin and this is what I came up with. It still needs to be detailed and I'll do that when I do the rear of the housing. Here it is;

TKO004.jpg

I'll post more pics when I get it under the frame.

Ron

That is so cool! Just like the one I remembered.

Up date...It's a roller!!!! This is the first time it's been on all 4's with out cans, clamps and wire holding it together.

Here's the front end with perch #4. Yup, 4 perches before I found a design I could live with. The gizzmo holding the spring to the axle is just to hold my ride height.

TKO002Small-1.jpg

TKO004Small-1.jpg

Here's the rear end. Needs more detailing but I'll get that during tear down.

TKO001Small-1.jpg

TKO003Small-1.jpg

The next outside job isn't coming in till the end of the week so I'm gonna tackle the shocks next.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back