Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ron's '27 modifed build

all-world1 said:
I recall these existed, although I've never seen one....correct me if I'm wrong, the 153 is the Iron Duke?

Ron, how do you figure out these engine/tranny combos?

The Iron Duke is a 151.

That is a great build Ron I love the ride height that is very close to what I want to build . I will have to get started now you have got me fired up :). I need to post some body pictures so you guys can help me find out what I have.

sounds like a cool build , im still going to build a T using my buick straight 8 with dual holley 94s , going down to napa to see about a transmission tomorrow :cool:

Capt'n...Your avatar is so close to what I hope this car looks like.

Ron

Ron, very nice work. Just looking at the front perch and rear kick, I would guess that the car will be sitting fairly low. Looks really unique with the "A" crossmember too.

Craig

Yup...this one is going to be the lowest one I've ever built. You can thank Don for that. I fell hard for his T the first time I saw it. I also wanted to show the guys building the new fad cars that they can have that look and still build a classy and safe '27. this ones gonna have as many of my tricks as I can integrate into it and still keep the theme strong.

Ron

What did you get done on this one while the 'puter was on vacation?

OK Todd. I guess it's time for an update anyway.

Here's the gas tank saddle.....
shopwork001Small.jpg

....and with the tank....
shopwork002Small.jpg

....and on the frame. You can also see the rear friction shock mounts here. Gonna weld them there later. Notice the '27 plate.
shopwork003Small.jpg

Mock up of the front shocks and headlight bar.
shopwork010Small.jpg

Working on the cowl sub-frame now but I'll save that for next time.

Ron

Everytime I see your work it reminds me to pay attention to details.
Nice work.

Ron did you make the smooth panel for the back of your 27 bucket. I have the flat panel for the roadster and would like a smooth rounded panel that would bolt on. But if I had to weld it in I would. I was looking at 1925 repair panels for the rear but I did not know if it would work.

No, that's a rear panel from another touring. A flat panel really cut down on the passenger compartment. The roadster panel is flat but the quarter panels are longer giving you more room. As I remember, you have the roadster body. did you decide to just use the bucket or are you looking for the turtle deck?

I got that panel for really cheap because it was folded over on the drivers side. If you need a different rear panel, try "Model T Haven", but let me warn you, they aren't cheap! I have heard the repos are junk.

I looked at some turtle decks but I was going to build a lakester look from the start I still have my heart set that way. Sorry it took so long to get back to you me wife has been sick, not been able to get on line. Did you only have the one panel. May be any turtle decks I was watching some on Ebay one went for 800.00 plus it was in great shape but that is out of range for what I have to spend now. The slow down in spending has hit the dealerships.

If you want to smooth out that back panel so it blends in with the quarters, a touring panel would work nicely. You might even gain some more room in the cockpit. Thes panels hardly ever come up on the bay. Model T Haven would be the place to got if your in a hurry to get one.

Ron

Ron,

You have some great ideas going on with this ride. Just curious, I saw the sizes but what brand tires did you buy?

I'm trying very hard to keep it a circa '57 build. No wide balloons on this one! The fronts are 175 sr 15's and the rears are 235 r 15LT's. Fronts are Keeblers and the rears are Generals.

Ron

Fronts are Keeblers
You got cookies on the front?LOL

Yup! I got the chocolate stuffed ones 'cause I thought they would look funny with the white wall in the middle of the tread.

Ron

Youngster said:

Are the measurements on this, 13 1/2" long with the narrowed part 3 1/2"? I was trying to do a scale off the screen.

The narrow length is the same as the width of you cross member on the bottom from flange to flange.
Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back