Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rotor Assy

Johnny

Okay guys, I'm installing rotor assy. onto spindle. Turning the bolt until rotor gets very tight. Now my question is, how far should rotor go onto spindle? It is on the built up and machined part of the spindle, but I'm afraid to tighten the nut any further. Should the grease seal on the back of the rotor assy. be all the way up to the body of the spindle? I sure don't want to break anything.

Thanks

Okay guys, I'm installing rotor assy. onto spindle. Turning the bolt until rotor gets very tight. Now my question is, how far should rotor go onto spindle? It is on the built up and machined part of the spindle, but I'm afraid to tighten the nut any further. Should the grease seal on the back of the rotor assy. be all the way up to the body of the spindle? I sure don't want to break anything.

Thanks

Johnny,
If you don't understand the seals and bearing pre-load you might want to find someone local that can walk you thru it. after that you'll be doing it blindfolded.(if they teach you right)..Good luck you"ll be OK....Ron(ruggs)

Johnny,
If you don't understand the seals and bearing pre-load you might want to find someone local that can walk you thru it. after that you'll be doing it blindfolded.(if they teach you right)..Good luck you"ll be OK....Ron(ruggs)

I agree with Ruggs nothing worse than a bearing locking up from overtightening.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back