Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

STARTING A BODY STRETCH

putz

TBUCKET001-1.jpg

TBUCKET002-1.jpg

TBUCKET003-1.jpg

TBUCKET004.jpg

I am going to try and stretch this body by at least 4 inches.Also install my new shocks from RPM.
shocksandbrantstruck008.jpg

The stretch is going to be added right behind the door outline.

No opening door at this point. Frame will stay the same except maybe a little added to the rear.

Puts i wonder if you can order a door like from CCR and use it as a template and install it after the streach??? I can send u some pics if you want. I like the idea of the streach in the body behind the door. Also i wonder if it would be cost effective to just jump ship on the old body and get one of the Hermans Fast glass and put your bed on it .

That looks like a mighty short wheel base putz. What is the length of your wheel base? Looks like you will be sitting over the rear axle.

thomas :tip:

Can't measure right now. Should be home working on it but am on an overnight with Boyscouts.Will be home sunday.Technology is great. A buddy is good wwith fiberglass,

Just some food for thought here. When you stretch the body from the windsheild back, you move the seat back also. This puts the steering wheel farther away and you have to have a longer column. I am not saying this is good or bad, right or wrong. Just something to think about.

The wheel base is right on 100" . Ron on the steering wheel the column I put in is plenty long as you can see in this before pic.I installed a longer column to clear my knees.

tbucket003-2.jpg

I don't know if this helps any. My car has a longer area behind the door. Might give you some sort of idea on length. My body is a mile long, it's hard for me to tell if I like it yet without the doors and cowl painted.
23Bucket002.jpg

I don't know if this helps any. My car has a longer area behind the door. Might give you some sort of idea on length. My body is a mile long, it's hard for me to tell if I like it yet without the doors and cowl painted.
23Bucket002.jpg

Looks like a really long column is in your future.

All I got done tonight was cut the buckets for the rear springs cut off. Will grind them down tomorrow and start on the body. Am going to cut it in half and put fishplate the inside after rewooding it then fiberglass the outside. I have an Idea I really want opinions on this. Iwas thinking about putting a plate of steel on the whole floor inside not real thick to stiffen up the whole body anybody ever done this?Will take lots of pics.

Looks like a really long column is in your future.
It's not too bad, the wheel hits about mid door. I look like a guy stretched out in the bathtub though. Your bucket looks first class.
23Bucketrear004.jpg

It's not too bad, the wheel hits about mid door. I look like a guy stretched out in the bathtub though. Your bucket looks first class.
23Bucketrear004.jpg

First class your real funny look a little closer. I have a long way to go.

I looked pretty close. I was actually referring to the quality of the components. Should be real sharp when reassembled. Certainly nicer than painting up old rusty stuff like I am for instance.

This all I could get done so far this week.
tbucket2001.jpg

Cut off spring buckets and installed Rpm Brackets and coilovers.
tbucket2003.jpg

tbucket2004.jpg

tbucket2007.jpg

CUT BODY IN HALF. For 4 inch extension
tbucket2008.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back