Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

STARTING A BODY STRETCH

Your the man putz that is going to be like a new one when u r done

Thanks actually I did some of the welding but these are ones my son did. He welds stainless mig that has been judged to look as good as tig. The company he works for has shipped him to other plants to weld up beer bottle pasteurizers when they have there own in plant welders.

Reinforced the body and did a test fit here are the pics. before and after.
tbucket003-2.jpg

tbucket001-2.jpg

tbucket002-2.jpg

Hi
Another stretch. We added 2.5 inches just after the cowl. But as there are no doors or door mouldings that solved a lot of problems. I am thinking about putting the door moulding back in but the smooth look kinda works.
Gerry

side summer 09.jpg

Gerry real nice looking has that 1915 look. Do you have deer in the ditches over there that left headlight I think is a wee bit out of alignment?:hyper:JK

That looks better! You consider a lower seat also? that would buy you a lot of room. I'm sitting on the floor in mine.

Seat is going to be about the same height due to the Z in the frame.Also fixed my kids screw up with mounting the shocks straight up.Moved them out bout 4 inches each.

Looks like your makin good progress Putz. I chickened out on cutting my body, I am trying to just get mine rock'in. Maybe the first time I tear down a year or two after I get it going I will give it a whirle. Keep up the good work Bucket Brother.

Looks like your makin good progress Putz. I chickened out on cutting my body, I am trying to just get mine rock'in. Maybe the first time I tear down a year or two after I get it going I will give it a whirle. Keep up the good work Bucket Brother.

Have been waiting on parts now they are in I will get back to work

Okay,

Are you done yet?

Actually I am laying fiberglass tonight. Let's see installed a new RPM master cylinder bracket,installed RPM coilovers.went from panhard bar to wishbone rear stabilizer.Now body is sitting on frame so fiberglass should be right.

When I get it done I will make a video for you Ted. Out to get body ready.

Thanks, I will be waiting to see them in action... I could not get in my T even standing on my mufflers when I had 4 side by side and a stock muffler, still too close to get my leg up over the body, had to be farther away, but I will be waiting... :) or you can always e-mail me... tedabrown(at)juno.com Thanks again. You will like the added extra leg room...

tbucketbuild001.jpg

tbucketbuild002.jpg

tbucketbuild003.jpg

tbucketbuild004.jpg

Here you are weather has not been good for fiberglassing so put in new RPM brake assembly panhard gone now have wishbone new coilovers and frame extension and body is one piece again.Taken 8 weeks to get here by june 1st should be on the road interior won't be done but driveable.

That front heim type joint you used in your new sway bar, really should be turned sideways like the rears, because now all the side force is trying to push that joint apart... easier to change now, than later.. :blush: I think myself, I would have used a big 4 bar type bushing, all around... :)

I actually bought this wishbone as a weld together kit I thought you would want a bushing also I will probably change it now that you thought so also. Thanks it is really solid side to side I do like the wishbone over the panhard bar.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back