Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

STARTING A BODY STRETCH

The proportions will look nice. Bet you can't wait to slick it back up. It's funny, all I hear while I'm working in the garage are Harleys and Hot rods running around. DOH.

The proportions will look nice. Bet you can't wait to slick it back up. It's funny, all I hear while I'm working in the garage are Harleys and Hot rods running around. DOH.

Not many hotrods up here alot of Harleys but not to many out with the weather we had saturday
IMG_0028.jpg

they are talking snowshowers tomorrow but I don't care I will be in Texas then for a week.

Wow, this is a winter project. You need to move a little farther south. I thought it was bad in central Illinois, but I should have been driving mine for at least two months now.

Little update Body is in one piece again. I back cut the fiberglass to make the shape of the body and Kept putting layers on. Just filling in some low spots. Ruggs wondering how does it look I hope god from a distance of a few feet. 4inch extension is alot actually for room legs should be straight now.
hooray.gif

bodystretch002.jpg

bodystretch003.jpg

bodystretch004.jpg

bodystretch001.jpg

Before pic
tbucket003-2.jpg

Little update Body is in one piece again. I back cut the fiberglass to make the shape of the body and Kept putting layers on. Just filling in some low spots. Ruggs wondering how does it look I hope god from a distance of a few feet. 4inch extension is alot actually for room legs should be straight now.
hooray.gif

bodystretch002.jpg

bodystretch003.jpg

bodystretch004.jpg

bodystretch001.jpg

Before pic
tbucket003-2.jpg
How tall r u?

Its looking good Putz
hoist.gif

Man thats coming along very nice. Thanks for the update

That looks much better, more proportionate. I was hoping that you were getting something done on that thing. Hate to see you lose a season. :)

That looks much better, more proportionate. I was hoping that you were getting something done on that thing. Hate to see you lose a season. :)

Should be on the road by end of week minus complete interior gonna build windshield brackets today.Like these made by Gerry UK.My link

Should be on the road by end of week minus complete interior gonna build windshield brackets today.Like these made by Gerry UK.My link

thought you might like to know I have just brush plated my brackets in brass to protect them from rusting again and to see how they look in brass. Looking good and well worth the effort and time.

It is drivable but no where near done was out of work for a while so funds where tight. Now back to work and doing little by little. Will keep you updated.

Rattle can it flat black and run it the rest of the summer. It will sand back off pretty easy, and even be useful as a guide coat when you do have to sand all the paint down anyway. Don't stay home because you think it's ugly, never stopped me. :)

Rattle can it flat black and run it the rest of the summer. It will sand back off pretty easy, and even be useful as a guide coat when you do have to sand all the paint down anyway. Don't stay home because you think it's ugly, never stopped me. :face:

That works, I don't have paint on mine yet, and its a 20 year old build.

In the Fiberglas shop I used to work in when we cut one of the bodys up to stretch it we cut it behind the door about where you did we also cut the body at the cowl and back from top to bottom and widened it two inches in the cowl and four in the back also we had to cut the body horizontally about three inches down from the top on the back half to get the body line to line back up and fill in the pieces then we made a mold of that and it was a popular seller for years there.:gum:

[media][/media]
[media][/media]
In the Fiberglas shop I used to work in when we cut one of the bodys up to stretch it we cut it behind the door about where you did we also cut the body at the cowl and back from top to bottom and widened it two inches in the cowl and four in the back also we had to cut the body horizontally about three inches down from the top on the back half to get the body line to line back up and fill in the pieces then we made a mold of that and it was a popular seller for years there.:gum:
[/quote]

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back