Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Starting on the rebuild.

Pepper also stops small leaks, ad pepper and just run it till it stops.. works surprisingly well. Well I see now, about spell checker, you need to down load still another program, I guess I will just do replys from/in my e-mail and copy and paste into the box here all spell checked already, and if I get kicked off and have to sign in again, nothing will be lost AGAIN...:(

I saw the guys on mythbusters use an egg and by golly it workes.

one finger john said:
Fred, No No No No Stop LeaK! Pressure test the radiator. I forget (see CRS AND SPELL CHECK) if your radiator is aluminun. Have a competent radiator shop repair it properly and run distilled water and antifreeze. Stop leak congregates at the bottom of the radiator and can clog the bottom tank. Summer is coming - do it once and rest easy.

John

As near as I can tell, it's not aluminum. Seems brass. It's a TP radiator, I think. I might just give it a shot. I already have the mustang radiator, so if the Stop Leak works, I'll get a refund on it.

An egg?:confused:

I have seen stop leak plug up other things including tubes in radiator and thermostat vent holes.It works good on demo cars. It will plug up any place that has a small area to go through.

i've used the pepper a bunch of times. works like a charm. if you use the stop leak, read the destructions first.

Ron

Come on your not gona tell me you guys didnt see the episode where they tried to trash the motor with shugar and everything under the kitchen sink. This is the egg episode where they fixed the leak with a raw egg just dropped into the radiator.

rooster57 said:
Come on your not gona tell me you guys didnt see the episode where they tried to trash the motor with shugar and everything under the kitchen sink. This is the egg episode where they fixed the leak with a raw egg just dropped into the radiator.

Rooster, I've done some crazy crap in my life. Just ask my ex. But dang it, I'm gonna try it!:eek: So, how did they do it? Was the engine cold and they put the egg in or did they let the engine run for a while?

I figure if the egg doesn't work, I'll try pepper. Worse case scenerio, I'll have an omlet that I won't be able to eat.

Oh, as far as spell check goes? Just write and forget about it. As far as I know, I have yet to see a post I couldn't read.

Warm if i remember . You are making me hungry that omlet with some toast and strawberry jelly sounds gooooood. Hey they just cracked it dropped it in and no kidding in side of 1 min it quite peeing out of the front of the core.

Looks like I'm making an omlet tomorrow. Wish I had a cam to film it. I'll post what happens, but you guys knew I would.

tfeverfred said:
Oh, as far as spell check goes? Just write and forget about it. As far as I know, I have yet to see a post I couldn't read.

hI frEed,

glAde too ear ThIng r gOwn wwel fr u. i 2 tunk th wrd chk iz a Bg wAist of clock. :D

dAdiv

RexRod said:
hI frEed,

glAde too ear ThIng r gOwn wwel fr u. i 2 tunk th wrd chk iz a Bg wAist of clock. :D

dAdiv

And I STILL have yet to see a post I couldn't read!:D

Fred,

If you want a refund on the new radiator, let me know. I know where it could go. Now, about the omelet you are cooking... :D:lol:
I have used pepper before also, worked great!!!!

PaulR

Poached

PaulR said:
Fred,

If you want a refund on the new radiator, let me know. I know where it could go. Now, about the omelet you are cooking... :D:lol:
I have used pepper before also, worked great!!!!

PaulR

Paul, I Googled that remedy and it seems it does work, so does pepper. This morning, I cranked her up and about 5 minutes later the radiator started dripping from where I saw the leak. It's on the backside and right where the top tank meets the cooling fins. I think I may be able to fix that with a little JB Weld. I'm gonna see if I can spot the hole and at least try that.

As or the refund, if this works, I'll just take it back to Auto Zone. I have an idea what you're trying to say and I appreciate it.

No eggs, but I'll have the bacon

Okay, I went with JB Weld having discovered that my leak was a VERY small crack in the lower section of the upper tank. Just above the coils. It was a relief to discover that's where it was. So, I drained out some coolant to keep it from messing up the JB Weld. I applied a nice healthy glob, overlapping a bit. As it cured, I smoothed it out with a plastic knife and made sure the area of the leak got a heavier glob.

Then, I was feeling motivated and cleaned the old girl up. Polished the headlights and headers, did the rims and tires, and got 6 months of dust, grease and grime off of her. She looks pretty dang good. Think I'll keep her.:rolleyes: I also mounted the front turn signals. The spot I found was too cool! They fit perfectly in the top hole of the headlight stands RPM supplied! I had a nice grin. I was going to mount them on the grill shell like before, but with nothing to do, my mind wandered and they ended up in an even better place. I connected up the wires and all is good!:soapbox: Except, I still don't have flashing signals. I also don't have brake lights, so after checking the wires. I installed a Speedway spring type brake switch and still no brake lights. I am now fairly sure it's the signal switch, as the brake light wiring runs through the signal switch. I will open it up tomorrow and hope it's something I can fix.

I'll run her tomorrow and see how the JB Weld holds up. My concern is heat. If it works, I'll return the Mustang radiator and get an electric fan and if I need to, I'll order a new signal switch. Today was a good day.:rolleyes:

JB Weld is the force

Checked the repair on the radiator this morning and all is good. I let her sit and idle to 180 for a while. Then..... well, she was down to about a gallon of gas, so I took a little spin up to gas station.:) Back in the saddle again!:cool:

Now I'm going to see if I can fix the signal switch. It must have taken a good jog in the accident. The hazard swich is hard to pull out, so I think something is jammed in there. I hope it's an easy fix.

Then later, I'll go grab n electric fan from the auto parts store.

Re: JB Weld is the force

having some time off isn't all bad huh fred?? got any hot leads on a job yet?

Ron

Youngster said:
having some time off isn't all bad huh fred?? got any hot leads on a job yet?

Ron

Not yet. I had one yesturday, but they ended up giving it a kid who used to work there. So, I look, I try and then I play with my car. Good thing the Navy taught me patience.

Good thing the Navy taught me patience.

oh yeah, hurry up and wait!! lol

Ron

Fred; I just got on your story this A.M. and I gotta say; WAY to GO! I had to have the radiator in our T-Bucket redone because of a small leak last year. I took it to one of our local radiator shops and they removed the entire tank top and re-located the filler neck for $65.00. I had the filler neck re-located because of poor design (long story) & now it works great. I know that $65.00 is quite a bit when you are out oh work, but I mention it because if it sterts to leak again, that is cheaper than a new radiator. I also used the stop leak and it only worked for a while and although it was more of a weep than a leak, it just bugged the crap out of me. Keep up the good work. Tbucket425:cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back