Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

steering problem

Man Thank you guys for the Help.

I beleave I got it. I made some changes to how I have the column mounted at the top under the dash.
Now the up and down hop is almost gone. Can't really tell its there.
I can't make any more changes without taking everything out from under the dash and starting over.
So for now I'm going to leave it. I'll fix it after I move. I want to take it all apart anyways and get a paint job, and move all the wiring inside the frame.

P.S.
How far should the pitmin go on?

The Pitman arm should go on all the way, the support should be the thickness of the arm itself, with the nut on the shaft fully seated. Nut seated, I mean the threads coming all the way thru the nut....not no 2 or 3 threads kinda stuff. Remember.....your life depends on your steering...you can not do this part half assed or you could easily get yourself or someone else killed!

And brakes....you ain't never seen a mad driver until you've seen a driver in a Rail, a FC, or a Altered, go blistering down the track, pop the shut out and tromp down on the brakes and there is little or no brakes...

Brakes and steering is no place to take shortcuts or scrimp on money, be cheap or try something unsure! Power brakes are fine. I have a Gazelle with a 350 in it and I have a remote power brake booster in the truck. Everytime I open the trunk I always get...." WHAT IS THAT???"

How far should the pitmin go on?

As far as the law of pysics will allow! Ha!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back