Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-Boy Body

Mr fixit can i please get a pic of your lower front shockmount please

rooster57 said:
Mr fixit can i please get a pic of your lower front shockmount please

Rooster57,

Here is are the photos that you requested. If you need something more, let me know.

Mr. Fixit

T-Boy005-1.jpg

T-Boy006-1.jpg

Well,

I got the door hinges completed with the bronze bearings pressed in and they worked out perfectly. I hung the doors frames last night and they worked out better than I expected. Here are a couple of shots of this work. I was able to pick up an original pair of 1925/26 trunk hinges on ebay for $18.50 :) and will be able to complete the trunk frame when they arrive.

Mr. Fixit

T-Boy007-1.jpg

T-Boy008-1.jpg

T-Boy004-1.jpg

Thanks a bunch i am using my lower RR also for a shock mount and it has been working well. But i may make a support like u have thank you

Looks like you are almost ready to get a little bit of closer on your body frame. COOL

Maybe I will paint it, put in the seats and use it like it is for that open air look. LOL

Mr. Fixit

Hello all:

Here are here a few photos of recent progress. I now have the bear claw latches installed on the doors, fabricated the trunk hinges and installed them too. As soon as I finish the english wheel build, I will be able to start the skin metal.:)
T-Boy21.jpg

T-Boy22.jpg

T-Boy23.jpg

T-Boy27.jpg

T-Boy24.jpg

I think i am going to call it "The Inviso Bucket" Remember those glasses you could buy in the back of comics they made a girls skirt disappear???? ( they dont work) but anyways i was tring to look through the center trifocal and it made me think of that. INVISO Bucket. That will make um look twice. Good job on the tubing bending. Also i forgot to offer "if that darned ole Harley is in the way let me give you an address and a shipper number!!!!!! I am always lookin out for the other guy .

rooster57 said:
I think i am going to call it "The Inviso Bucket" Remember those glasses you could buy in the back of comics they made a girls skirt disappear???? ( they dont work) but anyways i was tring to look through the center trifocal and it made me think of that. INVISO Bucket. That will make um look twice. Good job on the tubing bending. Also i forgot to offer "if that darned ole Harley is in the way let me give you an address and a shipper number!!!!!! I am always lookin out for the other guy .

Actually, I am old enough to remember those glasses too, but since the advent of the internet, I suppose that they are obsolete! The Harley in the background is one of those unfinished projects as you can see, but I will get to it as soon as the car is done. It may be a while huh? :eek: Thanks for your brotherly concern about my shop space though, I really appreciate it...:)

I still like the idea. Anyways will be anxious to see the metal go on it very interesting.

watchin this with anticipation as this is gonna be one sweet ride like the hinges are you gonna put some gussets in near the hinges to end of box just looks like a weak point to me no offence

madron said:
watchin this with anticipation as this is gonna be one sweet ride like the hinges are you gonna put some gussets in near the hinges to end of box just looks like a weak point to me no offence

Great observation Madron. I was going to do that the same day but ran out of time. I will be adding small triangular plates behind the arms to support the connection.

Thanks...

Hello my fellow T-Bucketeers,

It has been a while since I have posted any updates/photos of my progress, so here you go. :laff:

I have now completed my E-Wheel build and it turned out great. I am very proud of it since I made every part other than the bearings, bolts and the casters that it sits on. I also had to fabricate an attachment for my lathe in order to turn the variety of anvils. Well enough about that (unless someone needs some assistance with that topic).

As for the body build progress, as you can see, I am attaching 1/4" plywood to the steel frame which will act as the buck for the metal work. I am also in the midst of shaping the fender bucks which are comprised of plywood, polyurethane foam, polyester filler and fiberglass. These too will be metal when all is said and done (ahh, the English Wheel is ready to go to work :rofl:)

T-Boy20090822003.jpg

Example of plywood rib for fender buck.

T-Boy20090822002.jpg

Painters tape used for foam spray mold. Each segment was taped off individually and filled with spray foam, allowed to cure overnight and then on to the adjacent segment.

T-Boy20090822007.jpg

Foam shaved down and ready for plastic filler to obtain the basic shape.

T-Boy20090822001.jpg

Filler completed and ready for glass work.

T-Boy20090822006.jpg

First layer of glass.

T-Boy20090822009.jpg

Glasswork completed and ready for final filler and smoothing.

T-Boy20090822010.jpg

T-Boy20090822008.jpg

View from rear...

Please let me know what you think so far.

Regards,

Are you planning some kind of bead or sculpt along the top of the door or on the cowl?

Ron

This is a very interesting build, it shows what can be done with some imaginationand and a good amount of skill and a lot of work. This is going to be interesting to see finished. Keep up the good work and plenty pics. :thumbsup:

I like the way ytou let the body extend out below the door cool look. youve got my attention keep posting please.

Youngster said:
Are you planning some kind of bead or sculpt along the top of the door or on the cowl?

Ron

Yes, I plan to put a body line, but I havent decided exactly where yet. Also, the firewall panel will be beaded in a design of some sort.

Thanks,

rooster57 said:
I like the way ytou let the body extend out below the door cool look. youve got my attention keep posting please.

Thanks Rooster57...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back