Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-Boy Body

This is very inspiring work excelent concept and workmanship. Aint you glad you have a wire welder? Back in the days when I was doing autobody work for a living all we had was gas or stick (early sixties) Keep up the good work and keep puttin up those pics :D

The roll bar is a great idea . keep posting the black will be classic and very cool.

Thanks Francis. Yes,I am glad I have a MIG and a TIG too, dont know what I would I would do without them. Well, I guess I would use the old buzz box and acetelyne. LOL

Rooster 57, since you complained about the trunk deck having wheel lines, I had to re-do it completely. :lol: Actually, as I have become more acustomed to the english wheel, and realized that the crown of the deck wasn't exactly correct either, I decided to take another hand at it. I am really glad that I did too. As soon as I get the hem on it and attached to the frame, I will post the picture for your grading.

Mr. Fixit said:
As soon as I get the hem on it and attached to the frame, I will post the picture for your grading.

Grading? LOL! At this point in my opinion, anything you do gets an A+++! ;)

David

RexRod said:
Grading? LOL! At this point in my opinion, anything you do gets an A+++! ;)

David

Why thank you professor, now I am motivated to go for the extra credit.

(In a Deep Voice - Very Official) "As discussed in my prior post, the following photos represent my second and final attempt at the trunk lid, which if I may say so myself, came out extremely well" :) Look Ma, no wheel marks, must be that pepsodent (I dont know what that means either). :lol:

Now therefore, in consideration of no remuneration for the fine work depicted below by the poster (that would be me), I will have a nice ice cold :pint:eek:r maybe two, or three.
T-Boy20090910001.jpg

T-Boy20090910004.jpg

As much as i would like to take the credit for complaining about the wheel marks it wasnt me. But dont count me out i will find something to give you a hard time about. This is like 6 weeks before grades come out your an A so far. HE HE

rooster57 said:
As much as i would like to take the credit for complaining about the wheel marks it wasnt me. But dont count me out i will find something to give you a hard time about. This is like 6 weeks before grades come out your an A so far. HE HE

You are right, actually I think it was Youngster.. I will try to keep up my grade anyhow :cry:.

Howdy Mr. Fix It! This is by far one of the most original cars I have seen in a while, and fits what I have come to reailize, if it doesn't make it more functional, comfortable, or perform better why bother, the heck with tradition and nostalgia for the sake of just that. I know that the satin black and pinstripes are in right now but I think that with the quality of the work you have done you would be doing yourself an injustice, most of the guys that have the skill to do a project like yours will think you used this finish to hide inferior workmanship! You will have to admit that the satin finishes can hide a ton of flaws and if it was mine I would paint it in the most glossy finish I could find, first thoughts draw me to simple black with the pinstripes or maybe a shade of silver or gray that would resemble bare metal and the pinstriping. Just my opinion and food for thought, great job and keep on plugging along, and can't wait to see more updates, Eddie :cool:

Eddie this guy forgot more about fiberglass application then most guys know.

Man, you are making me blush :eek:. Thanks for the input & positive comments. There is one advantage to being unemployed - more time to work on the Bucket He He..

If anyone out there is looking for a good, creative fabricator, let me know. I would love to do this for a living, at least until my business changes for the positive. :)

Haven't posted on this for a while. Really nice looking on the progress.I was just wondering with that high back what kind of seats are you thinking of?

putz said:
Haven't posted on this for a while. Really nice looking on the progress.I was just wondering with that high back what kind of seats are you thinking of?

Thanks Putz.

I will be using upolstered bomber seats. When I started the conceptual layout of the body which I did with 1/4" pencil rod, I made sure the I would have enough room for the two seats and a little bit of space between them, which I hope will accommodate the fire extinguisher :eek: The high back should go just above the seat back by several inches.

Finally got the body bolt set up designed and fabricated. It worked out perfectly.:) First, I made eight 1 1/4" x 3/4" thick slugs from CR stock and them machined in a recess for the bolts and washers. Next, after bolting the machined parts in place in their respective existing locations, I then coped some 3/4" square tubing (the same material as the rest of the body sub frame) and then fully welded the slugs to the tubing and the tubing to the floor structure tubing. It was tedius work, but it came out very well. I can finally use my C clamps for other things other than holding the body to the chassis. :lol: Here are a couple of shots of this work. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I also made provisions on each side of the floor structure to bring up wiring through the existing holes that are in the chassis and land them under the raised portion under the seats.

T-Boy20090926001.jpg

T-Boy20090926002.jpg

T-Boy20090926003.jpg

T-Boy20090926004.jpg

We now have a floor, with the exception of the tunnel which is next. Also, you can see what I did for the trunk gutter. It started out as a 1 1/4" wide strip of 20 gauge and after several steps which included one pass in the bead roller, a 90 degree bend on the brake and lastly a run throuh the ring roller to acheive the curve, it worked out very well. Now after paint, it simply needs a weather strip which I already got from Steele Rubber products.

T-Boy20090930003.jpg

T-Boy20090930008.jpg

T-Boy20090930009.jpg

T-Boy20090930004.jpg

T-Boy20090930005.jpg

T-Boy20090930006.jpg

T-Boy20090930007.jpg

Well, I think I deserve a nice ice cold :D

Awesome looking car. Keep it up and thanks for all the pictures.

Eric

eafree said:
Awesome looking car. Keep it up and thanks for all the pictures.

Eric

Thanks, I will keep the pics coming. I hope to make some more progress this weekend...:welcome:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back