Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Bucket Interiors

Hey Tfever, CCR has a DVDs with pictures of there T's in differant stages. There is some pictures of the interior and the wooden insert they use. May be of some help.

Hmm....... I'll look for it, thanks.

Well, the truck won't get here till Monday, so I made a decision on my seat situation. Seriously, this SHOULD be it. I'm going to get Rotten Leonards side brackets at $125 shipped and make a bench seat. I went to Lowe's and bought a new jig saw, as my old one was marginal at best. While I was there, I took a look in the lumber section. They have laminated wood in the size I'll need for the base and back, at a little less than $20 each. I'll have to cut them down a little, but that was to be expected. I also have the option of getting a plain sheet of marine grade plywood and cutting the pieces I'll need.

The vinyl I'll need for the seats is $25 for 2 yards of material shipped. That's 54" x 72", which is way more than enough, but will allow for errors, if any. The foam I intend to use is, $45 with shipping. So, that's about $235 to do my seat. I'll order everything next week.

The decision to use a bench was storage and money. With fixed or even removable bucket seats, I'd lose that storage space underneath. With a removable bench seat, I'll have storage underneath and behind it, if I so desire. Then there's cost. The bucket seats are $425 shipped. I can do the bench for about half that.:D And if I take my time, which I have more of than money, I'll have the DIY satisfaction.

Also, in regards to my upholstery skills, with the material being black, most screw ups won't show.;) So, stand by, as I attempt to go Martha Stewart on that bitch!:mad:

The delay of my body is a real pisser, but other things are progressing. The vinyl for my seat arrived today and I got shipping notices from Rotten Leonard and the Foam Factory. So, my bench seat frames and foam should get here Wednesday of next week.:D

Last edited:
Fred: How much was the shipping of the body and frame?

It was $272 to ship the body. I got the frame from Ron and I'm not sure what i was. Why?

I used a company Ron recommended an it was $100.

That's great, but I didn't have that option. Personally, I would have used UPS Freight. At least it would have tracked better than what these yo-yo's have. Oh well. Right now, I'm concentrating on my planned interior layout. There's no sense wasting energy on these assholes. But from now on, I'll request UPS and pay the difference, if there is one.

That's great, but I didn't have that option. Personally, I would have used UPS Freight. At least it would have tracked better than what these yo-yo's have. Oh well. Right now, I'm concentrating on my planned interior layout. There's no sense wasting energy on these assholes. But from now on, I'll request UPS and pay the difference, if there is one.
Sounds a lot like Frontline Freight.

Fred: How much was the shipping of the body and frame?

I'm having my frame,body and pretty much everything else I need shipped from Ron's shop in TN. to NJ and it's costing
$315.00..I think this is a very good price. Ron tries to save you money when he can. Can't wait for this stuff to get here and start building. This should be my 10th post, so I'll have to learn how to post photo's of my build.

I'm having my frame,body and pretty much everything else I need shipped from Ron's shop in TN. to NJ and it's costing
$315.00..I think this is a very good price. Ron tries to save you money when he can. Can't wait for this stuff to get here and start building. This should be my 10th post, so I'll have to learn how to post photo's of my build.

We use Unishippers who is a sponsor of this site. They will save you a lot of money on shipping. You guys can use them to ship anywhere in the world. We use them to ship in the states as well as overseas.

I wasn't given a chance to pick a shipper. There's no way I could have known things would turn out like they are. Oh well, only a few days to go.

This should be my 10th post, so I'll have to learn how to post photo's of my build.
Take a look at these two links. Should make it easier to post photos in your posts.

You can use the link below to post photos. If you get an error that complains about the file size
being too large.....then use the 2nd link first. Then come back to the first link.
Photos Posting Guide with Pictures

Use this link if your file is too large to post, or if you want to help Ron (RPM) keep his storage
costs to a minimum.
Photo Software and Resizing

Scored some styrofoam sheets from work today. I didn't have it on my list, but when I saw it in the scrap pile, a little voice said, "You need that." It's 4 pieces about 24" x 1.5" x 48".:confused:

Fedex dropped off Rotten Leonards seat braces! Might get a lotto ticket tonight;)

Here they are.
full

This is a quick mock up for my bench seat. The cross brace has 2 tabs with a hole in each. These holes will secure the bench seat in the front. I plan to have the bench extend about an inch in front of the brace. I'm doing this for 2 reasons. 1. I plan to have the rear of the bench 3" high, so combined with the angle of the seat, this will set the back of the seat about 1.5" from the rear of the body. 2. With the seat back being away from the rear body wall and at an angle, removal of the seat will be a simple "lift up and out" movement. Here are a couple pics with the rear of the brace 3.5" high or 1" below the front brace.
full

full

Who tha hell is this guy!?
full

You're on a roll now, Fred, "Keep On Truckin" or is that "Bucketin" ? LOL

Jim

Black Dahlia's Bench Seat

Today I started my bench seat. I had already made out a list of materials and I drew out a plan. Took 4 attempts before I was pleased with it. Went to Lowe's and got my supplies.
full

Here are my 2 pieces of 3/4" marine grade plywood. I had a 4'x4' piece cut in half.
full

I drew out my cuts on the plywood, with the plans close by. I only bought 2 pieces of wood, so there was no room for error. Mark once, measure 3 times and cut!
full

When I had my pieces cut, I set them up to get an idea what the seat would look like.
full

Using the seat frames as a template, I marked where the bolts would go to fasten the frames to the wood. Now, I knew if I ran bolts through the wood and seat frames, I'd have no way to fully tighten the nuts, once everything is covered with foam and vinyl. My solution was inserts. They screw into the wood, then you can run your bolt into it and won't need a nut on the opposite end, when you tighten things up. . Simple, right? WRONG! They were a pain in the ass to screw in! But, I stuck with it and finally got all six in. I also installed the 2 pins for the seat brace using the same inserts.
full

full

full

I bolted things together and checked for fit in the body.
full

full

If you look closely, the back of the seat touches the back of the body. HEY! I'M NOT DONE YET, MAN! Next installment will be taking it apart and installing webbing, foam and maybe the vinyl.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back