Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tfeverfred's project

Youngster

I'm still here! Been taking it easy for a few days(actually my family wouldn't let me do anything on my own!).

As far as the speedster goes, that'll have to wait. Like AL, I have some projects that I HAVE to finish before I start anything else.

Let's see, there's a Jeep I have to get running for my dad, a 37 Chevy I have to finish the mechanicals on and an ever growing "honey do" list from my wife!

But, I'll get around to another car project one of these days.

Mike

Sorry, Fred, didn't mean to hijack!

Seat belts and speedo

Dropped by my local auto parts store and scored a speedo that was marked down and a set of seatbelts that were the same cost as the ones I was going to order. So, I dropped them in.

gaugesseatbelts001.jpg

The speedo is nothing fancy, but it saved me some money and still looks nice. It's not hooked up because I have to order the cable. But like my parking brake handle, it will be here next week.

gaugesseatbelts003.jpg

Re: Seat belts and speedo

Looking great fred !

That was an awsome story Fred and a darn nice build. I purchased a Moon 1/2 sweep tach. for mine and mounted it on the column at the 4 O'clock position. I would not ditch the tach maybe relocate it. I like you model A taillights too. The bride says I have to keep the lanterns becuase they're cute.:rofl: Whatever, it's part her's to I guess.

You do exceptional work Fred. Rat Rods forever!
JC

Rat Rod!? Where?:confused:

Geese, I did mean to offend your car Fred. :eek:

I thought you were painting it black.

Guess I'll shut up and butt out.:sad:

Boy howdy, I sure hope so Al. I hope Fred was pulling my chain. Heck, I classify my car as a Rat Rod. Ya know, rattle can black, wide whites, and red rims with beauty rings.

Ya got a clean looking ride Fred.

All's good. I just don't consider my car a rat rod. The definition is vague and depends on who you're talking to. By my definition, it isn't a rat rod. I consider a rat rod, a cobbled together piece of crap, meant to provide entry into hot rodding for those pron to join fads. Like I said, depends on who you ask or what group you associate with. As for me, all it is, is mine and I call it a hot rod. Sometimes, the hot rod sub catagories get in the way of the fun and everyone has a right to their opinion.

No harm, no foul.;)

As for paint, she stays as she is for a while. Maybe forever.:confused::D

Oh, got my inspection taken care of and she'll be titled as a 1920 Model T. WOO HOO! :D

tfeverfred said:
... I just don't consider my car a rat rod. The definition is vague and depends on who you're talking to. By my definition, it isn't a rat rod. ...

As for paint, she stays as she is for a while. Maybe forever.:confused::D

Oh, got my inspection taken care of and she'll be titled as a 1920 Model T. WOO HOO! :D

I agree Fred....to me Rat Rods are the mostly rust and thrown together look. I think you've done a great job and made her safe and yours!

Congrats on the inspection, if I could get mine titled as a 1920, all I would have to do is get a plate (cheaper too) and drive her.

Only if they have a big block:D
if not, then they are "mouse" rods:rolleyes:

Vance

Contrats Fred!! Great to see you will have Miss B. legal and on the road soon. I am getting close to getting mine out also. Will have to get some new pics taken and see if you can post for me. Assuming you do not mind. Thanks!!

I hope the weather is fair so you can enjoy the weekend driving her.

Keep her white and pure like the driven snow but with a little mischief on the side.

In the Marines and Navy the highest complement one could receive was noteworthy! Fred's work is just that, Noteworthy.

I agree with your definition of a "rat rod" Fred. Most of them are a real POS that they "think" is the way we used to build them back in the day. I don't know where they are coming from, but if anything like some of those POS turned up where I grew up, they would have been laughed out of town.

We ALWAYS tried to build a good looking, safe handling car. Maybe we could not afford paint right away but we always had a neat primer job and solid body work.

I grew up in northeast Ohio, the rust bet, and we hated having any rusted panels on our rides. We always did our very best to repair those rust buckets that we had to work with.

Way to go Fredman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EX JUNK said:
I agree with your definition of a "rat rod" Fred. Most of them are a real POS that they "think" is the way we used to build them back in the day. I don't know where they are coming from, but if anything like some of those POS turned up where I grew up, they would have been laughed out of town.

We ALWAYS tried to build a good looking, safe handling car. Maybe we could not afford paint right away but we always had a neat primer job and solid body work.

I grew up in northeast Ohio, the rust bet, and we hated having any rusted panels on our rides. We always did our very best to repair those rust buckets that we had to work with.

Yup,I have no idea how any one can think any of us from the 50 & 60's rodder's would have even primer any longer then it took to get the shiny color we like on our rod. Rust & dents was always fix nicely.
I just don't get the rat look,and it's def not a rat,if it's shiny and nice and smooth .
I'm gitting more and more to hate that RAT trem.

ACJC said:
I hope the weather is fair so you can enjoy the weekend driving her.

Keep her white and pure like the driven snow but with a little mischief on the side.

In the Marines and Navy the highest complement one could receive was noteworthy! Fred's work is just that, Noteworthy.

Well, I've got some real life bills to take care of, so it will be a week or so before I can get the title work done, but no worries. It's all being taken care of. The next ten days are going to be murder!

I don't know about noteworthy. It's just the best I could do with what I had. The Speedster will be done much better, but I wouldn't change anything I have done on this one. It's what I've always wanted and more. My brother told me that no matter what happens in the future, this one will always be special. It's been that way since the day the frame arrived. Inside, I've never stopped smiling.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back