Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tfeverfred's project

Great to hear you enjoyed your ride Fred. I had a similar thing happen to me as I was driving my T. Although, I did have a plate on mine, but was missing a few "legal" parts for my state. I was sitting at a light to turn left when I saw a cop coming up behind me. He pulled into the lane beside me and stopped short of the car in front of me. I thought, great here we go, but he rolled down his window and said "nice car" then continued on. I was thankful he did not look too close, but did appreciate his compliment. Anyway, congrats Fred. You are sooooo close to being set free with your new baby. Enjoy the ride my friend.

Re: The Dawn Patrol

tfeverfred said:
She drove great. Tracked well, I hit a few bumps and the friction shocks worked well. Took my hands off the wheel for a bit and she held a straight line. Braked straight too. All systems are go for lift off.

Sweet, looks like all is well in Houston. :cool:

Fred, you're becoming quite the story teller... reminds me of Paul Abernathy's ability to put you right there for the ride along.

I keep thinking back to my first drive, never drove a bucket before. Had friends offer to drive their cars but I didn't do it. My first drive was going to be MY bucket.

Rode with lots of guys and then the day came when I fired up ol Kletus and headed down the gravel driveway, up the hill and onto the paved road. That old paved road is twisty and bumpy, Lewis County TN doesn't care too much about that old Topsy Road.

Once I hit Hwy 48 it was smooth road, I nailed the gas and hope I NEVER forget that feeling. That's the moment I'd dreamed of since I was 12 years old. Took me 25 years but it was AWESOME.

Carried a camera with me and snapped my version of Don's cruisin pic.

T-Odd

251270718_l.jpg

Speaking of speed

My speedo cable came today and during lunch, I installed it. Took her out onto the street and tried her out. So, all this time I thought was only going about 35 or 40 MPH, turns out I was doing 60-65 MPH!:eek::lol: Sure didn't feel that fast. Is not having a sensation of speed a bad thing as a T Bucket owner? I hope not!:lol:

Have you checked the accuracy of that speedometer? I would do that before I believed any reading that I got with a new speedometer.

I would check it to ...I would borrow a GPS with speed indicator ,,thats what I plan on doing simple easy and can be a one man operation ...Oh never mind just zip past a speed cop and he will tell ya exactly with in 2 mph your were going although their might be a small fee ,,,:twisted:

RocknT said:
Oh never mind just zip past a speed cop and he will tell ya exactly with in 2 mph your were going although their might be a small fee ,,,:twisted:

Guess you been between Cactus and Etter too:lol::lol:

Vance

p.s. good on ya' Fred:D

RocknT said:
I would check it to ...I would borrow a GPS with speed indicator ,,thats what I plan on doing simple easy and can be a one man operation ...Oh never mind just zip past a speed cop and he will tell ya exactly with in 2 mph your were going although their might be a small fee ,,,:twisted:

Good idea, guys. The guy next door has one and I'll check her out this weekend when I have the road kinda to myself.

Snoickeys!

WHOA! The valve covers LumenAl sent me, arrived this afternoon and I wasted no time in giving them my personal touch. Here's what they looked like.
Valvecovers.jpg

I liked the black inbetween the ribs, but thought red would go better. So, I scruffed up the black section with a little steel wool and taped off where I didn't want the red to go. Then, inbetween each light coat, I removed the paint on the ribs with Acetone. Works better than thinner. I applied 3 coats and this is what I ended up with.

valvecovers002.jpg

Then, I set them in the hot Texas sun to dry. About 3 hours later, I polished them up. Here is what they look like installed.

valvecovers003.jpg

SNOICKEYS! They changed the WHOLE look of my engine! Instant "old school"!

valvecovers004.jpg

Needless to say, I'm more than happy with the results!:lol:

valvecovers004.jpg

Thanks, Al!

Re: Snoickeys!

WOW Fred !!!! those are sharp and fit the whole look of the car !! Very Nice ,,

Duke said:
Looking good, I like the valve covers

The valve covers make the look. :cool:

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to post the same pic twice.:eek:

RPM said:
Well Fred it looks like Miss Behavin is just about finished. I have really enjoyed your build. What are you going to build next?

I've got my mind made up on a Speedster build. Just what the world needs. A T Bucket with MORE stuff stripped off!:lol: Miss Behavin's bad sister!?;)

My brother

My brother Brian came by work today to say so long. His flight is today and he's going back to San Diego to his ship, the USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76. I didn't have time to take another drive with him or a video, but like he said, "He'll be back and there will be plenty of days for that." His ship is getting ready to go to the Persian Gulf and I'm glad. I'm glad because I trust my brother to help kicking butt over there and I know he'll more than get the job done. I'm just so glad that he got to see her done. It really meant a lot to me. That being said, a big THANK YOU to you Bucketeers! Thanks for everything.

Here he is next to Miss Behavin'. I won't get all political because this is not the forum for that, but I will change my signiture for a few days. God speed, brother.

brianhotrod.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back