Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

A bit of good news to share . . . .

Chatted with Josh yesterday, and they were welding the brackets on my new rear . . . . Which means it should be going to paint first thing this week coming, and could be ready to ship as early as week's end.

They also have the replacement for the '34 grill shell that was damaged in shipping done.

I should probably check and see how much extra $ they'd charge to paint that along with the rear . . . no doubt having that painted would really look sharp and set off the front end, . . . and also motivate me to get the body painted as soon as possible.

Anyway, . . . Looks like things are finally moving forward again and I can feel the excitement building . .

I don't blame you for feeling the way you did. There's a ton of waiting involved with projects. My avatar is one of my builds , been on that one for 9 years. Tomorrow i'll install new fuel injectors in the Miata. I still have to drain the old gas out of the fuel tank & charge the battery. So , basically I have 2 projects. I go back to glassing the roof of the T on Monday. It's a JUNGLE. Lucky for me i'm a STUBBORN ASS.

Glad to hear everything has started to come together. I sat on my butt all winter long and I'm finally getting things done. Looking forward to hearing about your first ride.

Any update on replacement rear end housing from Spirit?

Josh told me a week ago that the new rear was painted and that the grill shell was being painted, with expectation that it should ship by weeks end and that he'd send me some progress pics.

Have not received any pics or shipping info yet, so I'm not feeling so confident at this point . . . . All I can do is hope . . .

Finally got a pic of the new rear from Josh, so hopefully it will ship this week, though I've kinda learned not to hold my breath.

It's easy to see the extra 3 inches between the brackets and end flange from the original pictured on the previous page

Anyway, I feel encouraged, . . . would be nice to have a rolling car by 4th of July.

New rear end housing 1 r1.jpg

Alright then. Things are moving in the right direction. I would imagine it's frustrating to have all those parts and money sitting there unable to do anything with them. Sometimes things just happen. Sounds like as soon as you get the new rear end you'll have a whole bunch of work ahead of you. Good thing Josh made things right.

Alright then. Things are moving in the right direction. I would imagine it's frustrating to have all those parts and money sitting there unable to do anything with them. Sometimes things just happen. Sounds like as soon as you get the new rear end you'll have a whole bunch of work ahead of you. Good thing Josh made things right.

And the good part is that I haven't used any of my PTO time yet, so by the time everything gets here and I'm ready to work on it, I pretty much have to take a week off work every month to the end of the year :thumbsup:

Way to go island girl. The blue color is great , reminds me of my v8 vega I used to own. The color was called , " starburst blue ".

It's nice when you have a number of days in a row to work on something instead of a couple of hours here and there. You don't have to stop and put everything away.

And mine...
topo at shakey (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back