Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

They'd probably try to put you on jail just for having a mean, aggressive looking race car that uses too much petrol, and not being a thumb sucking, nanny kissing, wanker with no sense of humor.

Sorry for the Hijack

I did work out I could just make the local supermarket in full race trim before I ran out of gas. Almost did one weekend but got persuaded not to.

Looks like they do great paint. Same grill I have on my sedan. I added 7 inches to the lower sides and added a lip for the hood to rest on.

I know I've already said this but...….damn I like that color.

Only problem is that once I see how sweet that looks all mounted to the rad with the frame already painted, I'm gonna be a lot less patient about waiting to get the body painted until I can afford it, lol . . .

Little Father's Day Update . . .

Turns out I had a little extra $$ this month, and with the Father's Day tools specials at Home Depot and 30% off tools at Sears, I couldn't pass up some new 18V cordless goodies and a set of ratcheting combination wrenches. (and a few other little "always wanted one of those" items) Specials really weren't on the high-end brushless models, but for $99.99 you got a pair of 3Ah batteries and a charger, plus you get a "tool only" selection for free. I grabbed a 1/2" drill driver and a 1/4" impact driver, since I already have the 3/8" and 1/2" impact wrenches, but needed more batteries.

Having bought new tools, which always makes me almost as happy as new shoes or a handbag, I decided to get productive, as it seems like it won't be too much longer now before the new rear will be here, and I get to buckle down and make some progress on my T.

I finally took my new transmission out of its heavy plastic wrapping and put it on my smaller engine stand so I can put on the Lokar filler and install the speedometer drive parts.

The tail housing has to come off and I think the pan as well, so having it on a stand will make it much easier to work on.

Since a transmission weighs about twice as much as I do, and I'm old have don't have anyone handy to help, I think you'll like how I got the trans up on the stand.

Trans 10r.jpg

Trans 3r.jpg

Trans 1r.jpg

Trans 4r.jpg

Trans 6r.jpg

Trans 5r.jpg

Trans 7r.jpg

Trans 8r.jpg

Thanks guys,

There was no way the cherry picker would fit in that little space, so I had to think out of the box and the ladder seemed like a perfect A-frame.

Now if Josh can get my stuff shipped out this week . . . . :) :)

Did Josh have to have a custom housing or did he find a stock housing that fit?

The 9" Ford style rears that Spirit uses are all new, custom fabricated to your specs, by John's Industries.

The new one was made to different length specs than the original, and as a new order, had to be fit into the work-flow at Johns.

I spec'd the internals to match my HP level and stay closer to $4K than $5K. If I was running a power adder, I'd have to step up to a Strange or Moser center section and go to 35 spline axles.

I didn't spec length, as I figured Spirit would be the experts on that . . . seems they don't put many 9" in their 27's.

No doubt a lot of racers start ordering stuff by February or so, so the custom stuff is ready by Test & Tune time at the tracks in early spring.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back