Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

I really enjoy each post, documenting the progress of your build! Keep up the great work!

Rather than saying "I can't believe how incredibly close the clearance is between the 4X4's tires and the crane's lower frame portion, less than an inch per side", say the gantry fit just like I planned!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just as I'm getting the hang of this "spin" thing . . . . Looks like the old 4X4 is going to get a reprieve.

I have ~$13K to spend on a new crate motor . .

I can't for the life of me, get BluePrint Engines 632 ci / 815Hp out of my brain . . . .

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mll-ps6320ctc/overview/

BluePrint Engines 632CI ProSeries Stroker Crate Engine | Big Block GM Style | Dressed Longblock with Carburetor | Aluminum Heads | Roller Cam

Even the slightly smaller, 572 ci / 750Hp doesn't seem to excite me as it once did.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mll-ps5720ctc/overview/

BluePrint Engines 572CI ProSeries Stroker Crate Engine | Big Block GM Style | Dressed Longblock with Carburetor | Aluminum Heads | Roller Cam

I always seem to end up kicking myself in the ass when I show good judgment and restrain myself from going all-in, and most likely would if I go with the 572.

Can you guys think of a good reason to give up about 80HP and almost 100lb/ft of torque and go with the 572, or should I just embrace the excess of the 632?

Feedback appreciated, and the trans and rear will handle the 632, so no issues there. . .

I gave both the Summit link and the BPE link since there seem to be a couple small differences

Darlene

Last edited:
I can't think of a single reason not to go with the 632, the more the better for me!!! :cool:

Eather one will be WAY overkill for a 2000 lb. car 632 sounds more impressive when bench racing and when you spend that much the money difference is not to worry about. I’m with Indycars. 632 would be my choice. Can they put in 8:1 pistons so you can put a blower on it? Lol

I can't think of a single reason not to go with the 632, the more the better for me!!! :cool:

Seeing how it's kind of their flagship engine, it looks like they rate it rather conservatively.

Having scoured YouTube for as much info as I can find, a lot of videos show the dyno sheet which puts it in the low 830's. That definitely puts your right foot squarely on the Excitement Pedal.

Eather one will be WAY overkill for a 2000 lb. car 632 sounds more impressive when bench racing and when you spend that much the money difference is not to worry about. I’m with Indycars. 632 would be my choice. Can they put in 8:1 pistons so you can put a blower on it? Lol

It only comes as it's spec'd . . . depending on which spec sheet you look at, it's at least 10:1, but may be 10.8:1 or 11:1

It's not made to use with a power adder, (boost or nitrous), it's just a very streetable 91 octane pump gas monster.

While it has all forged internals, they aren't going to be the best of the best ones for that price

BPE does have a 540 for use with power adders, but I'm good with the sleeper look of the single 4 barrel under a plain jane air cleaner

Though I can only imagine how sweet a set of Sanderson Zoomies would sound on it . . .

I forgot to mention, my frame and rear, (and other small misc parts) went to paint today.

I changed the color at kind of the last minute from candy red, which I realized might be a bit too big a target to the local constabulary, to a really beautiful blue

Todd1r.jpg

Last edited:
Either one will get you across the island real quick. Lol

Most will disagree with me Island Girl, but your t bucket will be a handful with that kind of power. It will be more like a vintage rail dragster with the light weight in the rear. The more I push mine around the garage, the more I wonder what it will be like with just a small block Corvette motor with minimal mods. I give you credit though, the saying "there's no replacement for displacement" is true. For me, that 632 would be better for the '55 Chevy gasser I've always dreamed of.

I always seem to end up kicking myself in the ass when I show good judgment and restrain myself from going all-in, and most likely would if I go with the 572.

That is the most compelling reason to go with the 632. On this build you need to concentrate on building it as you want it, and engine size is a design parameter. Power adders can come later.

That is the most compelling reason to go with the 632. On this build you need to concentrate on building it as you want it, and engine size is a design parameter. Power adders can come later.

This really is turning out to be my dream T.

At each phase I've somehow been uniquely blessed to where I could go with my vision and not have to settle for plan B or C, because of a budget limitation.

Since it doesn't seem there's any intrinsic reason not to go with the 632, then that'll be the plan.

No doubt I'll need many hours of seat time and no small bit of chassis tuning to get the handling optimized. I'll be picking the collective brain here a lot once the build begins.

Somehow the vision of Wile E Coyote sitting on a rocket aimed at road runner just sorta came to mind . . . . .

It only comes as it's spec'd . . . depending on which spec sheet you look at, it's at least 10:1, but may be 10.8:1 or 11:1

I forgot to mention, my frame and rear, (and other small misc parts) went to paint today.

I changed the color at kind of the last minute from candy red, which I realized might be a bit too big a target to the local constabulary, to a really beautiful blue

View attachment 15668
I really kind of doubt the local Policia will be fooled by you converting from Bright Red to Bright Blue..Sounds like you are changing from a Red blur to a Blue blur. ; ) Very nice color choice for sure!

acme-wile.jpg

I can't for the life of me, get BluePrint Engines 632 ci / 815Hp out of my brain . . . .

Go for it, I say. This vid gives you some idea of what to look forward to. The guy now runs 7 second 1/4s and its street legal in the UK

Ooouuuuch,

That was a hard, and I bet expensive, landing . . .

One set of Wheelie bars added to my Summit Racing wish list . . . . . . . check

Looks like Spanky's visual is right on

Seeing how it's kind of their flagship engine, it looks like they rate it rather conservatively.

Having scoured YouTube for as much info as I can find, a lot of videos show the dyno sheet which puts it in the low 830's. That definitely puts your right foot squarely on the Excitement Pedal.

What stall speed torque converter did you order, that engine has very nice idle!

Have you thought about headers, maybe some SS versions that you can design yourself?

Their mockup kit is $500, but that is applied to the header price when you return the kit.They
give some typical prices, but I think it might be cheaper for a TBucket.

https://www.gpheaders.com/products/custom-headers/

I got a nominally, 3000 rpm stall converter, so depending on torque and vehicle weight, it could be a bit higher or lower.

Custom headers look sweet, but since my kit comes with sprint style AHC coated headers, I'll be using them . . . . until maybe a set of Zoomies . . .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back