Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The phone call finally came

Mike

I have some good news to share with everyone!

I started working in a general parts house back in July 1973 and I've been doing it ever since. I've managed an NAPA store and have worked in a couple of speed shops over the last 37 years. I've met a lot of good friends and learned more than I thought this head could ever hold. In early 1981, I bought my first home computer and started trying to learn what made it tick. In the last 29 years, I've owned a lot of computers and take a lot of static about the four systems I currently have running here today. I've built static Web sites, blogs and forums. I'm just a curious person that has a need to know and understand how things work.

About a month ago, a fellow I follow on Twitter posted a tweet mentioning a job opportunity working for one of the top 4 ranked SEO (Search Engine Optimization) companies in the country. Thinking it had to be the long shot of the century, I tossed my name in the hat. And I keep thinking someone must have made a mistake, because I received an invitation to work on their team. :)

My pay is performance-based and at worst I can make 1/2 again as much money as I do now, with an opportunity to easily double my current wage. Dead-easy. And the best part of it all? I will be able to work from right here in my home office. No more getting up, getting dressed and driving to work. :yay: If I want to work from 10:00 AM to noon and take the rest of the day off, I can. If I want to work 1:00 AM to 9:00 AM, I can. Frankly, the opportunity to earn is right there and so simple, I'm trying to figure out how I can work 24 hours a day. No more phones to answer, no more orders to ship and no more helping retail customers, I am finally able to set all that aside and earn some serious money doing what I want to do. Working with computers and the InterWebz.

I really wish something like this had come along about 30 years ago, but I am not going to let that stop me from making hay whilst the sun is still shining. It's like the door to solitary confinement has just been opened and the sunlight is pouring into my life. :winkn: Thanks and praise be to God!

Congrats Mike. I felt the same way when I retired. Work when I want to, as long as I want to and if I want to. Trouble is I end up in the shop 8 to 12 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. Hummmm ... retirement ... I love it!!!

Ron

I started working in a general parts house back in July 1973 and I've been doing it ever since. I've managed an NAPA store and have worked in a couple of speed shops over the last 37 years. I've met a lot of good friends and learned more than I thought this head could ever hold. In early 1981, I bought my first home computer and started trying to learn what made it tick. In the last 29 years, I've owned a lot of computers and take a lot of static about the four systems I currently have running here today. I've built static Web sites, blogs and forums. I'm just a curious person that has a need to know and understand how things work.

About a month ago, a fellow I follow on Twitter posted a tweet mentioning a job opportunity working for one of the top 4 ranked SEO (Search Engine Optimization) companies in the country. Thinking it had to be the long shot of the century, I tossed my name in the hat. And I keep thinking someone must have made a mistake, because I received an invitation to work on their team. :)

My pay is performance-based and at worst I can make 1/2 again as much money as I do now, with an opportunity to easily double my current wage. Dead-easy. And the best part of it all? I will be able to work from right here in my home office. No more getting up, getting dressed and driving to work. :yay: If I want to work from 10:00 AM to noon and take the rest of the day off, I can. If I want to work 1:00 AM to 9:00 AM, I can. Frankly, the opportunity to earn is right there and so simple, I'm trying to figure out how I can work 24 hours a day. No more phones to answer, no more orders to ship and no more helping retail customers, I am finally able to set all that aside and earn some serious money doing what I want to do. Working with computers and the InterWebz.

I really wish something like this had come along about 30 years ago, but I am not going to let that stop me from making hay whilst the sun is still shining. It's like the door to solitary confinement has just been opened and the sunlight is pouring into my life. :winkn: Thanks and praise be to God!
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained. You have the smarts to do this and have fun doing it. Going to a job you hate is almost as bad as not having one. Passion for what you love to do is the most rewarding thing in life, other than Grandchildren, and money helps but has always been second to me,IMHO. You make this leap of FAITH which I hope, all of us on this Forum's best wishes to take this opportunity to make yourself happy and hopefully RICH!! Best wishes, T-Test

Congratulations and best of luck in your new "work" venture!

Jim

Congratulations on both getting a raise and being able to work at home. My wife just started working from home and it has made a huge difference for her.

Congratulations Mike !

Congrats Mike, I hope all goes well for you. :bugle:

Congrats Mike, no one else I can think of (except Me) that deserves the upgrade. I must say that I prefer to work at work and come home to my home. And never the twain shall meet.

John

About a month ago, a fellow I follow on Twitter posted a tweet mentioning a job opportunity working for one of the top 4 ranked SEO (Search Engine Optimization) companies in the country. Thinking it had to be the long shot of the century, I tossed my name in the hat. And I keep thinking someone must have made a mistake, because I received an invitation to work on their team. :bugle:

I really wish something like this had come along about 30 years ago, but I am not going to let that stop me from making hay whilst the sun is still shining. It's like the door to solitary confinement has just been opened and the sunlight is pouring into my life. :tan: Thanks and praise be to God!

WELL DONE. You must have been the pick of the bunch... enjoy

Congratulations. I made the move to both a small town and working from home 3 years ago and it is by far one of the best moves I have ever made. Not having to commute for the first time in my life is like heaven by itself. Enjoy!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back