Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

To Jag or not to Jag.

Is that Curt Hamilton by any chance?

Ron

Great to hear Curt is still building T's. In the eary days of "T Bucket's" he contributed a great deal to the hobby. The one he built as part of a series in Popular Hot Rodding would fit in at any show today as a fresh build. It's just that timeless.

Ron

He hasn't built one in a long time.. But he's talking about going back to building them, I keep saying he should!

Got home about 5:15, double checked a few things, backed out of garage (this time without dragging anything, made short trip around the block and everything seemed OK. Put some more air in front tires and took it out again. This time I came upon some railroad tracks and didn't let up from the gas. Took them at about 35 mph and hardly even felt them. Will do some minor tweaking, but all in all, the change over to the JAG rear end is a winner!

Milt

Outstanding. With the 2.88 your wallet may like the switch as well.

What transmission you running?
Actually, I am running 3.08 gears ... I am told by th JAG expert here in Dallas, these are 100% European and very rare. He said they were used in the V12s and only for about two years. My unit is posi ... guess the V12s needed that.

I am running a Ford C4 transmission behind a Ford 302 with a mild street cam. Plans for next year are turning the 302 into a 347 stroker with dual quads.

Hi, I am just starting to read about these projects, but I helped a buddy build a flat head T bucket a long time ago with straight axles.

Somewhere around post 40 in this thread there is a question about a 60 inch wide vs narrower rear ends, and the suggestion was to go with tires that sort of back filled the gap. Other than aesthetics, is there a reason to do this? I can think of a lot of reasons to want a wider setup.

I was also curious if anyone has ever attempted a 3 axle build - 2 rears, one front for sort of a van style T bucket. Yes I know it would be a bit of an odd duck, I am just curious.

Thanks

Harry

Hi, I am just starting to read about these projects, but I helped a buddy build a flat head T bucket a long time ago with straight axles.

Somewhere around post 40 in this thread there is a question about a 60 inch wide vs narrower rear ends, and the suggestion was to go with tires that sort of back filled the gap. Other than aesthetics, is there a reason to do this? I can think of a lot of reasons to want a wider setup.

I was also curious if anyone has ever attempted a 3 axle build - 2 rears, one front for sort of a van style T bucket. Yes I know it would be a bit of an odd duck, I am just curious.

Thanks

Harry

Sorry, it was post 33 that had the question, I couldn't figure out how to edit the original post that I made.

Also, are there Jag rear ends very tough / reliable ? Jag's had a sort of mixed history of needing more than normal maintenance, although I never owned one.

Thanks

Harry

The reason its not done is that with a short wheelbase the 4 tires in back would make it hard to turn with all the leverage having another tire infront and would push the front end. If you could get it to turn the tires would squeal.

The reason its not done is that with a short wheelbase the 4 tires in back would make it hard to turn with all the leverage having another tire infront and would push the front end. If you could get it to turn the tires would squeal.
Yea, hahaha....the scrubbing....like turning around to get back down the return lane at the strip....those spools in the rears don't like sharp turns.

I was also curious if anyone has ever attempted a 3 axle build - 2 rears, one front for sort of a van style T bucket.

There is a guy around here that has one. He brings it out once a month or so and drives it around, it's actually pretty cool.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back