Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tri Power

putz said:
cross-ram-chevy-1.jpg
Can you say Cross Ram
cross-ram-chevy-1.jpg
. They are a little tempremantal from what I understand but definately a different look.

Hey Putz.......what about that crazy assed cross ram they had that had the carbs waaaaaay on over there by the fenderwells, when I first saw one of those things........I looked at one of the mechanics for the OTHER racing team and said, "You are shittin' me, Right?" He just busted out laughing.......and said...."yea, I know, but suprisingly, it works fairly well........."
My reply was......."Compared to what.....pulling your own teeth??????":cool:

GT63 said:

Hey buddy.....thats them!!!!! I looked at that mechanic in total disbelief.......he laughed and said the engineers really did their homework on that induction system.............I told him they were on a one week drunk when they even thought that one up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Hey.....put a set of these on a big block mopar bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

Sometimes I get to laughing at something and forget to move my fingers fastenough.....and this is compounded by the harder laughing......its a sno-ball effect...............

I've been around the Alky FC's too long..........ya know.....all those raw fumes outta the zoomies at idle..............:lol:

i hope you dont get to laughing while running a bandsaw and forget to move your fingers!!!!!!

Hey 409T.......the link was dead.............back to playing with that 392 I just traded for! I have a 2-4 plate that fits the top of blower........gotta change out the seals............I got a big pile o parts going here..........see ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Hey try not to have to much fun with that new toy..

i am gona pick up a carb kit for my edelbrock tonight she is coughin a bit from time to time.

rooster57 said:
i am gona pick up a carb kit for my edelbrock tonight she is coughin a bit from time to time.

Hows it been acting Rooster???? I saw you were pingless.........is it something mild????? Keep us informed..........

Got the block vatted, heads stripped and vatted also.....seats reground, valves ground........heads back together.......
All I'm waiting on is the crank and the cam........a fairly warm blower cam, should be here by friday........I'm gonna run 10% underdrive on the blower, 2-670's vaccuum secondarys, Big tube headers, MSD 6AL Ignition.......rest of the engine is gonna be fairly stock..........
Its 11:45 here.........been going at it for almost 12 hours straight......once the crank and cam are here, she'll be running in about 3 1/2 Hours.......I'll run her in on the engine stand.....let that fresh paint cook.............later.

Have you spoken to NASA to see if you can buy fuel from them for that!!!!! I think the other day when i put fuel on it i sprayed fuel righ at the pickup tube and it got an air pocket in the line . So when i took off and the float opened about a block away it acted like it was out of fuelpressure then after about 50 yards wham were off again. I am just running a roundy round tank. I didnt put the foam back because of my float. And the last few times i drove it coming around a sharp corner at a stop light some times it will hessitate for just a second uot of the turn. Mabye just the float level. but i will probably tear the gaskets up getting it apart.

That link was to a pair of funky cross ram runners that you can bolt on top of your SBC 2-4 barrel manifold and pretend you are a Dodge.

Not to hi-jack this thread, but....Hey Screamin' Metal - I have a 392 from a '57 New Yorker that I am going to rebuild this winter. If you dyno yours would you post some numbers?

Jeff

I could understand if you were a ford and were pretending to be a dodge, "but a chevy" What would be the point!!!!! ( OH CRAP DUCK !!!!! ) who threw that???

Who threw that? Maybe that "nice doggie" you've been throwing rocks at all this time drives a Ford.

I must confess i have 2 fords in the driveway and 2 GM .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back