Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Which engine would you pick and why?

hulkamania

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
10622743_10152649905056753_2911928575775663264_n.jpg

I was thinking the same engine Mike. They really do stand out in an open engine bay type hot rod. Now as for409T getting it...I think one is your legal limit. Any hording going on is up for legal vigilantes to come visiting. Just a rumor I heard.

George

I wouldn't turn down any of them, but right now I am in the mood for a Mopar flathead six. I know, I'm weird.

I'd take any of them also, as well as a Mopar flathead six, slant six or a stovebolt six, but a W or blown flattie would be my first two choices. I really want to pull the 327 out of my wife's T-bucket and put a flathead V-8 in there with an SCoT blower and some slick looks-just-like-2-chrome-Stromburgs fuel injection, but I think the freight on all that is in the $20K neighborhood. Santa, SANTA.......

In the mean time I'm going to grab the 409 (348) in the picture. I'm moving soon, you guys won't know where to find me to get it back.

I would take the Hemi as my first choice. The flathead and the W would be 2 and 3. Any of those would be super cool.
I actually know where a 392 is. A friend has it as a basket case. Needs a lot a work, but the block has never been bored.

Mike

Those are all really good ideas, with the possible exception of post #9.

I think any motor can be made unique but a slant six with a three speed stick and a lot of dress up goodies would really stand out.

If I had to pick from the ones pictured it would be a coin toss between the the Hemi and the flathead. My none of the above pick would be a 4.6L "poor man's" stroker Jeep 4.0 inline 6, an early/mid 80s Buick 4.1L V6, or an old Pontiac OHC inline 6.

Excellent choices there. The Jeep engine is plentiful, powerful, and cheap. I love the Poncho ohc idea, too, or maybe an Aussie Ford six with the cross flow head.

My dream would be a Ford Y Block with Cast Aluminum Valve covers ( with Thunderbird Special on them)and 3 x 2 barrel Carbs. I know they were heavy, leaked oil, had heavy pistons, and were tough to get respective power numbers out of them. But they sounder sweet when the lugged off at the 1500-2000 RPM range.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back