Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

White T II

The white foam in this picture does not have any contact cement on it, but if it did and I was going to stick a large piece of fabric to it I would cover the glued surface with 3/8" X 3/8" sticks as shown.

111012_re.jpg

Next I could lay on the fabric and position it as I wished without worrying about the two pieces sticking together out of alignment. Of course you can cut the foam much larger than necessary, which is shown here, but that is only because I didn't have the proper sized piece of foam for the picture. Normally I would cut the foam only slightly larger than the object piece. Your mileage may vary.

111047_re.jpg

This is an actual piece stuck to foam, the fabric is 76" x 15". I would not try to lay this thing out without the sticks. I have seen many people try, and yes most of the time they are successful, it is the one time you are not that makes you rethink the process.

110527_RE.jpg

Got the side of the bed mocked-up. I think it will be fine after it is painted and pinstriped to match the body. It is 21" deep (front to back) inside. The picture makes it look more like 14". Inside usable height is 12 1/2"

Attachments

• 162211_re.jpg
    162211_re.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Tell me more about the battery. A nice small battery would be a big help
The battery is an Odessy Extreme, PC680

Does anyone know of a pitman arm that will fit a reversed corvair box and is straight? Normally they have a 1 7/8" offset to the outside, but I don't want that.

Maybe you could 'straighten' the offset arm. Worth a try. Your local machine shop may be able to help.

Trust me you will like it much better, O' wait, Kathy will like it better...........LOL.....If you had said that was the way you are going while you were over here I would have sold you a Unsteer Half Rack............LOL......

Does your fuel tank have any type of a baffle or tray to reduce fuel slosh? Where does your roll over valve/vent line exit to? Are you use anything at the end of the vent line?

Does your fuel tank have any type of a baffle or tray to reduce fuel slosh? Where does your roll over valve/vent line exit to? Are you use anything at the end of the vent line?
No baffle(s) in the tank, just open space. The vent line will just go down through the bottom of the bed and attach to the frame rail at a convenient spot and point down to the ground. It should be just to allow air to come into the tank. The end of the vent line is just open hose. I have no roll over valve, just a right angle fitting coming out of the top of the tank.

What do you know, it actually works and clears the headers. I wanted to copy @lincolnuT 's design but this steering column comes out of the firewall closer to the middle of the car than his does.

141105_re.jpg 141237_re.jpg

Now I just need to make a drag link, put in the windshield, make windshield support rods and it will be ready for tear-down, body and paint. The paint will be Nissan Gray Oyster Pearl with lipstick pink flames. The only problem is my bank account says rattle-can.

I like the steering...looks like it will work...

I like the steering...looks like it will work...
There is a little bit of slop in the rack itself. I'll look when I take it off, but do you know if there is any adjustment to tighten it up?

No I have not really looked to see if there is an adjustment......

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back