Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who insures your bucket?

How about a setting up one of those polls, Grundy, Hagerty, Etc.

We now have Grundy as Chrome stopped writing policies in Florida. So far, no claims and no problems. When you have a claim that is when you really find out how good your insurance is.

Jim

I have Grundy. I haven't had a claim and hope I never do. As Jim said that would be the time to find out and it would be too late then if their service was poor.
Lou

Thanks for the reply's. Looks like most people are with Hagerty. I wish I knew how to set up one of those polls, would have done that for yall.

Hagerty refused to insure mine because I drive it too much (commute to work whenever the weather permits). They want to insure garage queens, not drivers. Mine is now with my other vehicles at State Farm, insured for liability only.

Jack

Hagerty's price for the exact same coverage was WAY higher than Grundy. I talked to several guys and some rod shops before I went with Grundy.

Jim

Hagerty's price for the exact same coverage was WAY higher than Grundy. I talked to several guys and some rod shops before I went with Grundy.

Jim
Thats surprising that it is so much less. I pay about $300/yr with 25k coverage and rollback roadside assistance. Seems reasonable to me...

I was quoted 300'ish from hagerty and 150'ish from grundy. I would have to go back and compare the limits. That and roadside would be the major differences I imagine.

Only had liability on the Bucket that got wrecked in '05. Nationwide. Now have it with custom car insurer [Classic Collectors] thru Infinity Ins. Co. for 21,000.00 at a cost of $186.00 per year. No mileage decree, but must be garaged on addressed sight. No claim yet/hope not.

Turned down by Chrome- fiberglass body not titled as a 1923. N.C. law- custom build title. Haggerty-mileage limits and cost of policy.

Hagerty for about 8 years with one claim. They paid off like the slot machines, used to.........lol...I have a 1956 Ford Pickup 25,000 agreed value, the 1923 Ford T Bucket 15,000 agreed value and a 1926 T Coupe 15,000 agreed value. Along with roadside service and the magazine bi monthly........for 400 bucks per year full coverage......Works for me.....

Hagerty is insuring my bucket as a project and my '55 Chevy. Total coverage is $37,000 and my premium is $335/yr including roadside assistance for all my vehicles. There is no mileage limit at all. I can drive as much as I want.

I had one claim when I was rear-ended in my '66 Charger. Instead of waiting for the other guy's insurance, they sent an adjuster right away and paid, no fuss at all. They then went after the other insurance. Overall I'm very happy with them.

Thats surprising that it is so much less. I pay about $300/yr with 25k coverage and rollback roadside assistance. Seems reasonable to me...

Don't forget, Ben, I have to include my '37 and the appraisal is quite high on it. My T only has a $25K appraisal also.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back