Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wintec

Yea, I get your disappointment. It doesn't take much to take the wind out of my sail these days, let alone unexpected setbacks like with the parts. The reason that I ordered all of the brake parts when I did(in February) was because my best friend, a life long machinist, was slow at work and had time and access to all of the machines so he could adapt the brakes to my old magnesium spindle mount wheels. Now that window is closed, so it was a disappointment for me too. I hope you can get it resolved. I have only had this purchasing experience with wintec, the parts look to be acceptable, but I would have went another direction if I suspected it would take as long. From my interaction with them "Jim", he has been pleasant and helpful, but has some issues that are not of his making to deal with, and apparently doesn't have much help to cover for him.(?) I don't know what to really say. Stuff does happen. Glad I got my parts. I have had good experience dealing with Ron at rpm, he has been helpful, responds fast, ships as expected. I would have bought the brake parts from him, but I needed chrome, and the spindle mount wheels aren't off the shelf parts. Wintec has some good stuff, I hate that it's difficult to get them. I have had good luck with speedway, heard good things about spirit and California custom, but haven't bought from them yet personally, but the project is not finished, lol. Check with rpm, spirit, or California custom roadsters to see what they can do for you. I bet one of them have or can build a compatible frame, etc to get your project back on track if you can't get things resolved with wintec. At least if you put together a backup plan it will keep you motivated.... Good luck, I will watch for your progress.
CCR is where I bought my frame and front axle. Jerry does first class work and it shows. I went down there to get my frame and he was good enough to spend time with me listening to my ideas about what I was doing and gave me advise about doing things. I recommend CCR. You wont go wrong there.

C.O.D. Do places still do that? Cash On Delivery. I bet that would get a lot of companies to get products out on a timely basis.

That's probably why most, if not all companies, will not do C.O.D. any more!

I am posting this to anything with Wintec or Jim Wilkos in thread :
Just received 2800.00 dollars back from VISA customer Service. This was my final payment. Made my initial payment of 2500.00 dollars more than a year ago with a check. That was a big mistake. April 25, 2016. Would have never made the final payment in October but Jim Wilkos said the frame was ready to ship. 3 weeks ago I spoke with Jim Wilkos (Wintec Fabrication) he told me that he would be shipping my chassis package out through UShip. But again never made good on that either. Now he will not return emails or calls. Notified IC3 internet fraud through FBI. We have filed a complaint through better business bureau. And a police report through our local police department. Finally had enough and making strides to get him to pay up. Had been trying to be really polite and not piss him off, but I've had enough. If I can help in any way to anyone reading this please contact me. I would like to see him prosecuted for theft. Nice to see his logo from this Forum finally gone.
Dennis Smith
541-951-0154cell

I am also a part of the Wintec/Jim Wilkos took my money and ran club.....Was quoted 4/5 weeks for a stage 3 chassis kit, and you can see where this is going. Without dragging out time line too bad: Ordered chassis November 6th 2016, and to date have zero to show for it. Excuse after excuse, to finally nothing. No return of phone calls or emails. I was told by Connecticut State Police because i reside in New York, i had to go through NewYork State Police. So i did. I handed over all email correspondence as well as all receipts, as well as screen shots of Wintec's web site that show what appears to be a legit store front, which Jim/Wintec hasn't been in in some time. The investigator made attempts to reach Jim on work cell as well as personal cell, and email. I am sure to every bodies surprise, nothing. At this point our hands are tied because of jurisdiction, the investigator in New York said 100% they would arrest him if this occurred in New York (larceny). However, we had to call Connecticut because of that is where the crime took place. Three different agencies, Bristol, Southington, and Meridian either passed the buck (jurisdiction) or said it was a civil matter and take him to small claims. That is my story and i am contacting courts tomorrow to see if i have to file in New York or Connecticut. Get the word out i would hate to see anybody else have to through this

Damn. How are they still a sponsor!?:confused:

I see his vendor logo is gone.

Yea, me too. It's a shame. He had a good list of products. I had several conversations with him related to my one and only purchase, and he seemed like a ok guy, but for whatever reason couldn't or wouldn't produce, at least not as expected. That was more than enough for me. It's unfortunate that as many people were inconvenienced by this ordeal before this point, to put it mildly.

C.O.D. Do places still do that? Cash On Delivery. I bet that would get a lot of companies to get products out on a timely basis.

yes companies still do COD. We have some companies that do because it is cheaper for carriers to charge the COD fee charge than what the credit card fees are. You would be surprise how many companies still do. we have sent product out COD before and just charge the customer the fee. I don't think freight companies will do COD I think it is just small packages.

Jim elected to end his sponsorship on this forum on his own. I ask why and have not gotten a reply. He had always paid his bill on time.
Sad, but not unexpected. Just not a good fit for this business.:(

Every body has different expirences with different vendors. This unfortunately happens to be my expirence with Wintec. I have tried to resolve this and have gotten no where. I saw people having similar expierences. I also see my options, and my ability to get product or refund shrinking. I would hate to see someone else go through this.
If and when Wintec makes good, I will be the first person on here to detail what transpired. It is a shame it has gotten to this....

End of the day, I have been more than patient, always professional and understanding in my dealings with Jim. I paid for a product in full without receiving product or refund.

NewAs promised an update: Long story short, I got back from the track today and in my driveway was a majority of my order from Wintec...frame, hair pins front shocks ect......still missing rear axle housing, front I beam, as well as some other items......I disputed some money that I put on the card a while ago, so i feel we are square.....shame it had to come to this.

Build pics of a 25 sedan low, long and violent to come as soon as I hit 10 post....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back